NSV What its really about!

Options
For work we had some medical screenings. My numbers were FANTASTIC! Not just good...great (at least for me). Kind of brought back into focus why I am doing this in the first place. Blood Pressure 124/69. Blood pressure in January (and fairly consistantly for the last year or so) 140+/120+ Sugar...well into the great range. Cholesteral 164. Cholesterol in January 220. HDL/LDL awesome! In all seriousness, I am in the best shape since my 20's and I am 50. Keep at it folks...its worth it!

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's one of the reasons I'm doing this, my numbers are all in the high normal range. I want them to be great like yours!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, Ted - congratulations!!!! Just had blood work done, get the results on June 3rd. Can't wait to see the results, I'm really curious as to what they are going to be........
  • Lessismore98
    Options
    Good for you -- it's so great to get hard numbers on the good things you are doing for yourself, and the only hard numbers that we can easily track at home are on the scale. So it's excellent that you could get some more numbers outside the scale that show all your hard work!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great news! That's awesome!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Those are awesome numbers!! Getting healthy means so much more to me then a number on the scale!
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good job! I love all the non-scale numbers! I did the same thing. Good to know that my body is healthier by eating right and exercising. Now I just have to continue the weight loss journey and focus on how healthy I continue to be on the outside. It doesn't hurt knowing I have blood work every 6 months. Keeps me completely on track! Great reminder of why we want to lose weight and be healthy! THANKS!
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Oh, the other other benefit was finding out that the MFP numbers (BMR, TDEE etc...however you want to classify them) were incredibly close to the numbers I got from this screening! Gave me much more confidence in the basis for their whole site.
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    Great job! I was driven here by higher than desired sugar numbers. I'm hoping to see a reduction soon!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    That is so true! Congrats on your health successes!
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Great job! I was driven here by higher than desired sugar numbers. I'm hoping to see a reduction soon!

Good luck! It sure did wonders for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!