How do I get rid of this? (pic included)

Options
Hi everyone,
I am a 20 year old female. I have lost 80 pounds but it seems that no matter how much I lose my stomach stays the same(or barely shrinks). I do have PCOS, so maybe this is part of the problem?

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a536/gainingstrength/IMG_44889_zps3e585241.jpg

I exercise 4-5 times a week doing cardio and strength and eat lots of veggies, lean protein, etc.
Can anyone guess about how many more pounds I would need to lose to get rid of the hanging part?
Or anything else I could do to try to get rid of it?
I'm desperate :(

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    instead of drinking water, start drinking whiskey.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    hmm....
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    well you cant spot reduce just keep working out do weights and it will start to go away
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself--I'm certain that having lost 80lbs your stomach has did more than "barely shrunk". I think at times we're our own worse critic and looking at ourselves daily oft times than none, we can't see the progress we've REALLY made. Just continue to do what you have been doing and if still not satisfied, you can always seek the advice/assist from a personal trainer. Nevertheless, CONGRATS on your weight loss accomplishment:):):)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

This. Always this. Or Scotch. Or Bourbon. Hell, even Gin.
  • gotttammi
    gotttammi Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a friend ...the exact same thing as you she had, she was told there was no way to get rid of the "pouch" except for a mini tuck. Her skin was stretched from babies and then weight loss. Not sure if surgery is an option for you or not.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi

Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me to see your pic but I have a feeling we are experiencing the same thing. I to have PCOS and my upper stomach does not seem to want to shrink. I would love to know the answer too. I am trying to do more strength training this time around to see if I strengthin my core that will help.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

This. Always this. Or Scotch. Or Bourbon. Hell, even Gin.

Any hard liquor should do!
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Stomach fat is the last thing to go. Keep doing what you are doing. You can't spot reduce. Work hard and don't give up, you'll see results soon.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I believe the hanging part is loose skin. The good news- it wouldn't be loose if you hadn't lost weight from your stomach area! This skin may tighten up over time- drink a lot of water to keep hydrated. Other than that, I don't think I have anything to offer. Just be PROUD of what you've accomplished! We can all pick and pick at ourselves and find something we don't like, but please concentrate on the good. Eighty pounds is AMAZING! Keep it up!
  • bigbarbie
    bigbarbie Posts: 17
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. That is a tiny overhang and I'm sure if you lose another few pounds and give it some time it will bounce back. I've been told it takes at least a year for skin to contract after weight loss.
    xx
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I can't tell from the angle you posted. Do u have a lot of stretch marks?
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have something similar.. after a 65lbs loss .mine is more deflated.. lol.. .. I have also had 4 C-sections... Dr. said the only real way to get rid of it totally would be a tummy tuck.. other than that, he suggested strengthening the "girdle" muscles which has pulled it a bit more taunt...

I am a chicken when it comes to surgery and I have 3 young girls - not sure I am vain enough to have the surgery...
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    my tummy looks like that too. it used to be much worse. I keep working too but think surgery is the only fix. I'm NOT willing to go under the knife...I just wont be wearing a bikini!
  • lisa0527
    lisa0527 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider adding N-Acetylcysteine supplements. There is some pretty good academic research showing it is helpful with weight loss in PCOS and especially with abdominal fat. Maybe 1200 mg twice a day? It's OTC and should be available at most supplement and health food stores.