hello all

magnoliajo
magnoliajo Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
yup - i'm a newbie. I have been using MFP for a while but just started utilizing the community now.

My workout routine usually includes running - but with the hot weather i have been doing a mile treadmill run warm up and then my regular workout. I have gained weight over the past few months and I am upset about it. In early March I had gotten down to @ 97lbs and then got back to 105 - mostly due to some difficult times I was having. Then i got up to about 110-115 and now that i have been back to training the past month I am nearing 120 and i am scared to death.

I dont want to be heavy. I have food issues. I would limit my food significantly but then my body starts to suffer and I need to eat. Also of note, I am Celiac - so my diet is already pretty regulated. i consistently intake too much sugar though.

When I started back to the gym a personal trainer took my body fat and it was about 16-18% and i weighed 115. I know other people on here may make light of my goals of weighing less and trying to lower by bodyfat (goal of 12%), but understand everyone is different. I need support to. I dont know how to get to better from where I am. I work out @ 5 days a week and generally eat healthy (except today - which i consumed 2603 calories and I am hating myself for it - but i was hungry).

Maybe there is someone out there that is understanding and knows what i mean. I can't shake the fat on my quads, hams, and thighs - the rest is going ok though.

Look forward to seeing where this goes...

btw: I am female and 5'5"

Replies

• PopsMom
    PopsMom Posts: 2
    5 foot five inches and 97 pounds??????? that sounds veRY unhelthy...i am five foot six and small boned and have goals of 130 and that is thin enough.. I got down to 114 once and looked like a skeleton...cmon now, skeleton aint pretty girl.....
  • yeah...i thought i was too thin at 97. I weighed myself at the gym today and the scale said 118. I think i am just going to pay attention to body fat % from now on - weight is so deceiving.
  • PopsMom
    PopsMom Posts: 2
    work on toning and strength...
This discussion has been closed.