130 calorie Turkey and Black Bean Taco Salad...Scrumptious!

Options
This I have to say is one of my new favorite salads.

12oz of Ground Turkey or Chicken
1 (15oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1cup chuncky salsa divided
1/2 cup dairy sour cream (I use the Tillamook Fat free sourcream only 20 calories per 2 tbsp vs. Daisy Sour Cream 60calories for 2 tbsp.)
4 cups tortilla chips, slightly crushed or 4 taco salad shells
1 (12oz) bag of mixed salad greens
1 cup shredded taco cheese or cheddar cheese (4oz)
Chopped tomatoe avacado and/or liced ripe olives (optional, but I like black and green in it)

1. In a large skillet brown Turkey, stirring to break up. Drain fat. Stir in beans and 1/3 cup of the salse. Cook and stir until heated through.

2. For dressing, stir together remaining 2/3 cup salsa and sour cream.

3. Line 4 plates with tortilla chips. Top with greens, meat mixture, cheese and if desired tomatoe avocado and olives. Spoon dressing on salads and serve. Serves 4

Per serving 130 calories (obviously flectuates depending on which of these items you use and if there fat free or not) 28g fat, 13g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 1320mg sodium, 42g carbs, 9g fiber, 30g protein.

Replies

• kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That sounds SOOO good. Thanks for sharing!!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Sounds really good!!!!
  • turtlesldmr182
    Options
    sounds wicked good but the one thing that scares me is the 1320 mg of sodium.
  • lauranorth
    lauranorth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The calories on this are way off. A quarter cup of cheese itself is 80 calories.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    The calories on this are way off. A quarter cup of cheese itself is 80 calories.

Not if it's Kraft- Fat Free- Cheddar Cheese, only 200calories per cup and the recipe is for 4 servings. Like I said Calories will flectuate depending on what "type" of foods you decide to use with this., so that one cup is divided 4 different ways.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    sounds wicked good but the one thing that scares me is the 1320 mg of sodium.

Yeah it did for me too at first but if you use taco salad shells the sodium drops a bit :)