Starting this journey...........

Options
Hello there!

I am new to the site........ Just set up my profile and everything yesterday and today. I'm 33, single mom of one. She is my motivation, and plus I am tired of being the cute but chubby friend. I am currently 265, which is my heaviest. EVER. I would like to drop down to under 200. That is not my "ideal" weight, but I have been comfortable and I would be satisfied with a 10, 12, or even size 14 clothing size. I am also signed up to be part of a nutrition program, so that is a big push for me. I lost around 40lbs YEARS ago before I had my daughter and I have been yo-yo-ing with the weight ever since. I am ready to get this off of me....and I mean NOW!!! LOL. I have slowly been eating a little more healthy, and I am trying to push with the exercising more. But, I know that I am a work in progress and I don't want to discourage myself. The eating is my biggest obstacle. :bigsmile: I'm excited, but nervous at the same time....if that make sense.

Replies

• Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I'll add you! I really find that the support of friends on here is very helpful.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Here's wishing you success! As a single mom [now with a grown up daughter] this is one of the best things you can for yourself and your daughter: model good eating, model having fun getting daily exercise and taking care of yourself so that you will be there to take care of her.

Go day by day, make changes slowly, walk--bike--run--play---get exercise whenever/wherever you can and celebrate your success!

Best of luck!
  • mstish1979
    mstish1979 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks! :smile: I feel the support and love already.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else add me if you like!

This site is great, already has been for me in 10 days. You can do anything you set your mind to and I expect great things!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey. Your post struck a nerve because I remember being nervous when I started. Just remember persistent pays off and it is a slow process. I started at 428 and lost 91 with 240 as my goal. Now I have no doubt that I can make it and so can you. All you have to remember is take baby steps and enjoy the little victories along the way. The things I now firmly believe has helped are Logging in everyday, going for a walk, eating slower{amazing how much that helps} NO SECOUNDS, and do not starve yourself. I still eat what I want just in moderation. Keep a picture{if possible} of yourself when you were smaller handy, or an outfit you want to wear to help keep you motivated. God bless you and have a good journey because after reading your post I have no doubt you will make it.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • vickymsandilands
    Options
    Hey guys add me too xxx
  • ScattyGirl73
    ScattyGirl73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I started myfitnesspal about a month ago now, but only started adding friends in the past week. It helps hugely to have the support of friends on here. It has made the world of difference to me.

I was nervous at first, but there is nothing quite like being accountable to others to help you be accountable to yourself. There is always someone around with some friendly advice and encouragement. I don't know how I managed without it now :)

Send me a request if you like. Anyone else feel free to send a request too. I'm on here everyday :-)
  • upandover34
    upandover34 Posts: 32
    Options
    good luck with it all
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was at 265 two years ago and have lost 62 pounds so, far....slow but surely is coming off.....you can do this!! Add me as friend if you want....have a great day.