Raw/Frutarian help?

Options
So my husband and I have decided to take the 20day Raw/frutarian challenge as a result of watching all the clips on youtube and some on here....we are excited about it...but i'm litterally starving so far lol. We are trying to do this on a budget and so we don't wanna eat all the fruit I bought yesterday lol we decided that we would consume 75% raw/frutarian and 25% cooked veggies such as beans. I have a huge pot of Frijoles on the stove and they smell amazing...i'm just surious if anyone else is doing this?

Replies

• kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been raw/fruitarian since March & feeling amazing!! You must eat a lot of fruit to get your calories!! I am finishing up a 10 banana & 5 date smoothie for breakfast. You can find delicious organic dates online & order them in bulk....nutsonline.com has a box for a great price. Check out farmer's markets & your local csa to save money. Head to the grocery store & talk to the produce guy about buying the "overripe" bananas. Bananas should not be eaten until they are spotty & the store usually will sell them a discount at this point...I get a huge box for $6 and it lasts me about a week.

Beans are very hard to digest. Try spourting quinoa instead. Fruitarian does include nuts & seeds & I also recommend eating tons of baby greens & celery.

Check this challenge I put together for tons of other great info, there is a section for budget savy tips as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/103574-clean-fresh-raw-challenge-for-july
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I tried raw for a while but after a couple of months I couldn't stick to it anymore, I missed the cooked stuff too much. I'm a total fan of raw though, and try to still keep half my diet raw. If you can stick to it you have my applause, it's a great way to really clean out the body and feel good :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kickitlarson
    kickitlarson Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Most of the time when people fail on raw vegan they are not eating enough calories from fruit. People try to sustain themselves on salads & nuts & totally disregard the fruit. This is not the way to do it. Nuts should be limited to a handful a day...that is all the overt fat you need. Calories should be taken from fruit in large quantities to keep you fueled throughout the day. Skimping on the fruit during the day will only lead to cravings at night which can result in binge eating.