Worried

Options
I didnt know if to put this here or in motivation and support so sorry if Ive placed it wrong.
Im going away on saturday for the week to see a friend a few hours away. Im quite worried about the whole eating situation and staying healthy considering shes average weight and can eat whatever she wants. Any tips?

Replies

• futuremrsevers
    Options
    If she's a true friend, she'll understand your situation and help to make it easier for you while you are visiting.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If she's a true friend, she'll understand your situation and help to make it easier for you while you are visiting.

Um. Or she'll do what she wants cause she's not the one dieting. Doesn't make her any less of a friend.

OP, watch your portions and just eat wisely. Don't stress about it, you'll be fine.
  • OverToNormal
    OverToNormal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    True but hm, Im just worried.
  • OverToNormal
    Options
    Very true, its my on the diet not her.
    And Im just worried because I eat quite healthy and ah, I dont know.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Make the best choices that you can, stay as active as you can, and don't get on the scale for a few days afterward. Enjoy yourself, be flexible, explain your situation to your friend so she can help, and in the end that's all you can do. Don't let your diet keep you from having fun on your trip!
  • OverToNormal
    Options
    I shall try, thank you.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Situations like this just pop up in life, you've just got to learn how to deal with it. Like someone said, just make the best choices you can and don't stress about it :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Just make the best choices you can and everything in moderation. If she is a true friend, she won't judge you for wanting a better life for yourself. She may even admire it.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Um. Or she'll do what she wants cause she's not the one dieting. Doesn't make her any less of a friend.

OP, watch your portions and just eat wisely. Don't stress about it, you'll be fine.

That's what I was thinking!

OP- just go, have a good time and eat how ever you desire. Healthy, crappy or somewhere in between. It's one week, you aren't going to ruin everything and it's unrealistic to think that you can stay in a perfect little "diet bubble". If you want to eat healthy, then take yourself to the grocery store when you get there, buy your own food. When you go out to eat choose what sounds the best. Doubt she's going to make a deal of it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

^ This. Treat staying on your diet as no big deal and it will be. Make an issue out of it and it will be an issue.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I shall try, thank you.

try not to sweat it too much. i have a trip planned soon and will be in the same boat as you. i plan on getting up early and going for a run a few days and enjoying myself. i'll make sensible food choices and make sure i stay active the entire time. that's all you can do. enjoy your time with your friend.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options

While true to some extent, if her friend is on a budget or some such and can only prepare what she has on hand for her, it would be a bit presumptuous to think she could or should go out of her way to make sure her friend gets all the 'right meals' while she is there. Any number of things could cause her to not be able to fully cooperate with her friends diet.

OP, it's a bit vague as to what you are asking. Are you worried that your friend won't be supportive or will be snarky about your attempts to be healthier? Are you worried about eating out? Are you worried about her cooking?

If she isn't supportive and teases you or is snarky about it, then I agree she isn't being a true friend. If she plans on taking you out to eat, plan on healthier choices- large salads or meals with lots of veggies. Or if you happen to stop somewhere that is a bit harder to eat healthy at- still try to make the better choices. A grilled chicken sandwich as opposed to a crispy chicken sandwich, etc, side salad instead of fries if applicable, etc. If you are worried about her cooking, buy some groceries while you are there and make her dinner instead, especially if she is allowing you to stay with her.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    LOTS of water, forget about being so strict and enjoy yourself for a few days. Stay off the scale for a couple days after, because if you eat out, you consume too much sodium, and probably some alcohol, which will cause you to retain water anyway. Come back refreshed and ready to work hard when you get home.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Agreed. It's a weekend away. You'll live.