Will I do it this time?

Options
jul3
jul3 Posts: 4 Member
Will I do it this time? After starting and stopping about 50 million diets in the course of my life I have to wonder if I will do it this time? I know positive thinking is needed here but I am being realistic. I am a 47 year old woman who is at her highest weight ever, excluding pregnancies. I have gained 44 pounds over the last 20 years and I am feeling it. I hate waking up in the morning and worrying about what to wear. Hoping that if I pull open the closet doors one more time some article of clothing will appear which will make me look 20 pounds lighter.

Will I do it this time? This is my 2nd day and for two days I have stayed in my calorie range. I haven't done that in a long time. Usually I can't even make it through the first day. Today, even though it was hot as hell (literally) I went for a 45 minute walk and lifted weights.

Will I do it this time? Quite possibly with some help from this site and all of you.

Replies

• awesome_orchid
    Options
    274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter where do you live? it is hot as hell in texas but not as hot as,,,kansas!
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    YES! You will!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. It takes a good support system to succeed in this weight loss. We are all here for the same reason. We all want to look and feel better.
    When you enter food in your food diary, it really puts things into perspective and makes you accountable, which for me was huge in helping me "see" how many calories I'm consuming, among other things.
    Good luck. We're all here for you!!!!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Today, even though it was hot as hell (literally) I went for a 45 minute walk and lifted weights.

Will I do it this time? Quite possibly with some help from this site and all of you.
    What a great start to healthy living taking that walk and doing some strength training!! Get in plenty of water :)

YES you'll do great, read the boards, make some friends, support others, that's the best way of all to have motivation come back to you. Great how that works,:flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP:drinker: