New here!

Options
Hello all:

I am 28 years old and I am new to this site. It was strongly recommended by dietitian. I recently found out that I have celiac disease. It's only been about 3 weeks with no gluten but I feel loads better. I have been on and off sick for over a year and half. 2 years ago I had surgery to remove a tumor as well (it was benign!). I am now trying to get healthy and in shape and rebuild my confidence. After my surgery I suffered with depression and anxiety problems. Needless to say, I was on anxiety medication for over 2 years. Today marks my 52nd day not taking medication of any sort for anxiety.

I feel like I've come a long way but I still have plenty more to do to get healthier. In my spare time I enjoy baking, cooking, crafting, gardening and playing board games. I hope to connect with a few of you who have had similar issues.

Thanks!!

Replies

• clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Seems like you've come a long way! Hope that your journey goes well and just make sure you stick to it and never give up!
  • vgasca
    vgasca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to the site as well. I have heard wonderful things. Hope all works out for you as well. :)
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 30 days and already lost 8lbs. Having friends really helps because is really motivational.