Making my dreams come true-Post partum!

Options
Hi, my name is Amy Palmeri and I am 8 months and 1 week pregnant with a beautiful girl due July 11th. I am so excited to meet her and have made being healthy one of my number one goals this pregnancy. I was really sick in the beginning so I have only gained 12 pounds my whole pregnancy. I try to walk or life light weights every other day. Having a baby has me nervous and excited but it is one of my dreams and I can't wait to meet my girl! I want to get into the best shape of my life post partum. I've been wanting to do a fitness competition for a while now. I was wondering if there are any other gym rat mamas out there?

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! how exciting as you have these last few weeks before your new title of MOM !!!!

I have a 3 and 5 year old. I'm not after a competition body, but certainly after the best shape I've ever had.

I have a gym membership, but mainly use it for the pool for the kids, and maybe one workout a week, the rest are at home. Sad, I just don't have the time to get to the gym (or I chose not to, because I get so little time with the kids).

Enjoy the end of your pregnancy
  • 4MeAndOlivia
    4MeAndOlivia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I had my first baby 6 weeks ago (her name is Olivia). It feels like I was still pregnant yesterday! It was so great... (I had a nice pregnancy... :) ) but meeting her was definitely the best day of my life (I'm lucky, I also had a "nice" delivery!!) I hope everything works out well for you too!

So like you, I also want to be in the best shape ever now (but do not project to do competition).

I have about 46 pounds to lose to get where I want to be. Also, I will be 30 years old in September so I would like to lose 36 pounds by then (to be at the weight I was before my pregnancy).

For now I'm not a gym rat because I don't have anybody to babysit my daughter so I'm working out at home. But in 5-6 month (when Olivia will go part time in daycare...) I want to go to the gym, especially to lift weight (I really believe in weight training...)

If you want, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • splitfix
    splitfix Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! I've tried to stay active during my pregnancy, but mostly just ended up walking about 5 times a week doing a few laps around a track. My friend introduced me to that 30 Day Shred video that she had started 6 weeks post partum, so I have been planning to do that at home since I don't have a babysitter and can squeeze it in while the baby naps. Just gotta get in gear. :) I can't wait till I can be a gym rat again in a few months!