HIIT WORKOUTS

Options
I want to start doing HIIT work outs but i dont know where to put them on MFP.i did one today to try it out and boy it made me sweat.

Replies

• JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I want to start doing HIIT work outs but i dont know where to put them on MFP.i did one today to try it out and boy it made me sweat.

do you mean logging them?
  • bearhugz57
    bearhugz57 Posts: 4
    Options
    Now that I'm wearing my heart monitor, it tracks my calorie count way better than just guessing at it or entering what MFP tells me.
    I also learned something new about MFP. If you can't find the workout that you're looking for, you can create a new one. That's what I've been doing with my Insanity workouts and my ROCKIN' BODY workouts (by Beachbody). ;-)
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yea like logging it if you dont have a heart rate montior
  • aladams83
    aladams83 Posts: 47
    Options
    I would definitely invest in a HRM... you can find them fairly inexpensive... go for one with a chest strap. HIIT workouts are one of my favorite... but you def need a HRM to count how many calories you are burning... Otherwise there are numerous websites that you can google "How many calories do I burn with a HIIT workout?" and it can calculate for you. Then just manually add a new workout...

Good luck!!!!
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just bought a HRM was a great investment and a big surprise as to how wrong the burn mfp is, I haven't burnt anywhere close to what they say, I've been on here a year now and wish I'd bought one earlier, going to wear it for a whole day soon so I can get my BMR and TDEE right for me good luck
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do tabata intervals (usually 2-3 sets of 8 daily)..which, if I'm not mistaken, is like HIIT. I log them as circuit training, general. I need to get a HRM myself so I can really see what I'm burning...but if you're just wanting a general idea, I'd log them as circuit training.