I WANT CAKE!!

Options
I have been doing so good. I am a huge junk food junkie and for the past 7 days I have been STRICT. Normaly when I CC I hit my calories and find it hard to stay at that number. This time I have lowered my calories and have lost almost 3lbs! I am so excited. However, tonight it was raining and I skipped my walk, I am tired and really want to eat some cake. I have no idea on the calorie content because I don't know the portions. It has been in the fridge for 3 days and I have never even thought of having any, even while making it. Today is different, I cannot stop wanting some. My issue is it will probably push me over my daily allowance and I don't want to ruin the good thing I have got going.

So do I eat the cake and look at it as a reward. It is only 1 day and that can't mess it all up ..can it?

Or get rid of the cake and stick to my plan.

WWYD?

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Take a bite to satisfy the craving, then throw the rest out.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know that I would not be able to eat only a small piece of it. I would keep going back to the fridge until it was all gone. So, if it was me, I would pour salt all over it and throw it away! Then, go drink some water and if you have some light weights, go and do some curls with your arms. Or you could do some squats and lunges. Just because you can't walk outside doesn't mean that you can't do something inside. :o)
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Can you throw the cake away? Or put it down the garbage disposal?
    When I first started out, it was the only thing I could do. I would eat the whole cake otherwise.
  • jdarden1963
    Options
    If it were me I'd have a really small piece and try to estimate the calories, etc. and get back at it tomorrow with a little extra exercise to help make up for it. I know from experience if you continue to deny yourself even the smallest indulgence, you will end up splurging later on. I've been doing this since Saturday and I had just less than 1/2 of a 3.6oz cup of ice cream last night, but I was still way under on my calories. I found that after eating just a little bit of it, that was all I wanted and put the rest of it back in the freezer for another day when I want something sweet. Hope this helps and good luck. :smile:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Get you a piece put it in a container, by piece i mean something small, then take the rest to your neighbor, friend, family, dog...... somewhere out of your house, then come home get a glass of milk and enjoy your piece of cake. then tomorrow return to that which you have been doing.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Check out www.hungry-girl.com There are many recipes using cake mix and things like Pumpkin that are low cal!

Never mind - here they are!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=2126
  • asm325
    asm325 Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't give in! I didn't have any cake at our office paty last week. You will be proud of youself if you don't. Think of it as a gateway drug. :)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    i just saw the reward statement. Food is not a reward... no no no..... but it is something to enjoy on occasion. And yes indulging once in awhile is okay as it keeps the body guessing so keeps your metabolism going longer. I had a nutrionist/trainer tell me that. So if you can enjoy a small piece and then not touch it again, keep it in the fridge other wise my previous statement is what i would go with.
    And as someone else stated if you deny yourself any you will obsess and it will be worse then if you ate just a little to tell yourself its okay to enjoy some now and again.
  • grlaurie
    grlaurie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Step away from the cake you really can not use food as a reward or this will never be long term.

YOU CAN DO THIS
    :happy:
  • lubsil
    lubsil Posts: 4
    Options
    I think it is ok to have some cake, I still eat what I ate before I started MFP: cakes, fast food, fried stuffs, chocolates, icecreams etc. Infact I just had blueberry cake for breakfast and roti prata for supper yesterday. But I do make up for it by doing more exercises on the day itself or other days when my calories overshot. And I still lose some pounds like 1lb per wk which is the healthy range for me.

But if you wanna lose more pounds a month, you gonna control your diet and craving, you can do it!
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    having a small piece isn't going to ruin all the hardwork you've done. Only you know yourself, do you think you'll devour it all? if so then just get rid of it. You can always work harder at the gym later or do something indoors to break a sweat :) that'll help you not feel guilty about it.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! You talked me out of it!

I am having a little popcorn instead and then heading to bed early :) The girls will finish off the cake tomorrow so it will no longer be an issue. I am proud that I said no and at Christmas while I am having a treat or 2 I will remember today!
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    Options
    NOOOO don't eat it! Sugar has a way of making you crave MORE sugar. I would just avoid it. Brush your teeth so that you don't eat anything for the rest of the night.
    Just read your post that you were talked out of it...I guess I could just delete my reply....but I won't. :happy:
    Congratulations on having so much willpower!!
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love cake! Bit here's the thing: you can eat that piece of cake ONLY if you will not regret it. If you can be totally okay with it them it's fine. I have the things I like (ice cream), but I don't feel guilty because that's what I want. I want to be able to still have those things. So as long as you are okay with it, you can have it. That's my opinion.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy some weight watchers cakes.....they are individually wrapped and are only like 100 calories or so.
  • jdarden1963
    Options
    Good for you!! :flowerforyou: I know you will be proud of yourself for resisting.
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    Cake is one of my biggest weaknesses, so I totally feel for you! Tonight I was dying for chocolate, so I made a sliced banana with chocolate sauce and fat free whip cream sprinkled with a few walnut pieces. Totally satifies those kind of cravings for me and much less calories/fat than cake, brownies, cookies and the other stuff that I started out craving. Good luck!