Here's my Goals and Rewards list! Where's yours?

Options
Untitled_zpscbe49058.jpg

In case it isn't very clear, Here's the list:

1) Walk the Crescent City Classic 10K on March 30, 2013 in New Orleans and Cross the finish line!

2) Lose 15lbs. by April 1st.

3) Walk the March of Dimes 5K on April 28th in Houston in 40 minutes

4) Finish the Biggest Loser UH-D Challenge in 1st place on May 3rd

5) Lose 6 lbs. in April (by the 30th)

6) Start Boot Camp in May and finish the whole program!

7) Hold a Plank Pose for 60 seconds

8) Do 20 Push ups (male version) in 1 minuet

9) Reach my halfway point (45lbs lost) by Summer (June 21st)

The only ones I haven't completed yet are: Boot Camp that will be ending May 29th, 20 push ups (I'm up to 12), and the 45lbs by June. I may not hit that one because I'm only 34lbs. down now so, losing 11 lbs in 28 days is a bit extreme but I will fight like hell to get as close as possible : )

I need some ideas for new goals so please share yours!

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    love the idea going to work on this today
  • autumnrunning
    autumnrunning Posts: 103
    Options
    i'm a simple person.

goal: lose weight, eat healthy and tone up

reward: being healthy
  • JGHR
    JGHR Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, because I forgot all about my plan to reward myself. :-)

I reached a minor goal this week. My thought is that I need to at least plateau here (if not keep losing a few more pounds). So once I have sustained that new weight for a week, I get to buy new workout clothes!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I understand simplicity. But your goals are long term and vague. There's no real end to them. What changes are you going to make to eat healthy? Instead, have a goal of not eating bread for a week. Or cutting out processed food for the month of June.

Exactly how much weight do u want to lose? Give yourself a smaller goal to reach that goal. Example: I will finish P90X by (Insert date). Or, I will park at the far end of the parking lot every time I go shopping. Ect...

I'm not trying to be insensitive or anything but "Being healthy" isn't a tangible. What exactly does that mean? How about this: If I lose X amount of pounds. I will ask my doctor if I can be taken off of X medication. Therefore, your reward is actually saving money because you don't have to buy that medication anymore.

Just some thoughts.

If all u have is long term goals, what's going to drive you to reach them when you're felling down? I need to feel like I've accomplished SOMETHING when I lose track of the big picture and how far I've come.
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, because I forgot all about my plan to reward myself. :-)

I reached a minor goal this week. My thought is that I need to at least plateau here (if not keep losing a few more pounds). So once I have sustained that new weight for a week, I get to buy new workout clothes!

What minor goal did u reach? Please share! And congrats on your progress so far!