benefits of watermelon

Options
melindasuefritz
melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
>>>Benefits of Watermelon<<<

#1 ~ IT'S DELICIOUS AS WELL AS:

Very hydrating; Watermelon is over 90% water and the water contained in this melon is the perfect water to hydrate every cell of your body.

Cleansing; Because of its high water content, watermelon is an extremely cleansing food (when food combining principles are followed and it is eaten alone). Do a mini detox cleanse by consuming only watermelon for a day or two.

Helps to control blood pressure.

Promotes weight loss.

Helps to lower cholesterol.

Offers natural sun protection; Watermelon contains lycopene which is a nutrient that naturally protects you from sun exposure, it is no accident that watermelon season is in the summer and that the watermelon originated in the hot climate of the Kalahari.

Highly nutritious; containing vitamins A and C, potassium, lycopene, beta-carotene, silicon and antioxidants just to name a few.

Relieves edema (water retention); by inducing urination. Watermelon has diuretic and laxative properties.

Relieves mental depression and fatigue

Rejuvenating blood tonic

Very alkalizing

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon. If I could I would live off nothing but watermelon for the rest of my life. Lucky for me, it's guilt free! When it's in season I eat it as often as I can.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon also, but out here it doesnt have much flavor. Not sure why.:frown:
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    Watermelon is so delicious! ♡
  • JoshuaBradt
    JoshuaBradt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good info, thanks.
  • GinaMa67
    GinaMa67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information, I feel even happier than ever since its my favorite fruit of all time!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon. If I could I would live off nothing but watermelon for the rest of my life. Lucky for me, it's guilt free! When it's in season I eat it as often as I can.

I am totally with you on this if i could live off watermelon I would when it is in season my house is never without watermelon mmmmmm watermelon! :love: :love: :love: :tongue:
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great information! Thanks so much.

Marie
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon but you never know you are getting a tasty one until you cut it open. Any tips on picking a good one?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I love watermelon but you never know you are getting a tasty one until you cut it open. Any tips on picking a good one?

I hear ya! I just cracked open my fourth (or was it fifth?) mini-watermelon of the season and it was finally crisp and sweet and perfect. The others were all a little rubbery. So disappointing. :/ The best luck I've had is to buy them at Costco and eat them within a few days. The grocery store ones are hit and miss.

I'll bet there's some kind of app for watermelon testing....yep: http://melonmeter.com/
  • catfulford
    catfulford Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    great info!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....think I'll go get me a nice big slice! Thanks for the information. :wink: