130 to lose---Add me for motivation/support! :)

Options
Hey everyone! I recently started using MFP religiously last month and started my weight loss journey on 04.12.2013. Since I've started, I've cut out all bad foods: junk food, fast food, sugary foods, etc and paid attention to everything that I've consumed to ensure I'm eating in moderation. I started off at 283 lbs and have lost 9 lbs. so far, leaving me at 274, which is AWESOME...possibly more because I was weighed on 05.11.2013(I get weighed and measured by my trainer every month to track progress). What really got me stoked was that I lost 3 inches off my abdomen in the first month!!! Holy hell, super cool, right? My stomach can keep shrinking, I'm not complaining :) What really got me motivated to live a healthy lifestyle was that I couldn't fit into 3 rides at a local amusement park and it absolutely CRUSHED my world, because rollercoasters are one of my favorite things in the world. After a month or so of working out, I can now ride 2 out of 3 of those rides!! I'll be attempting the 3rd in about a month or so. Lastly, what got me motivated, was the fact that I felt like crap....I hated the way I felt, looked, the thoughts I had....I had to change that toxic lifestyle and now I feel AMAZING. I've been smoke-free for a good while now and haven't drank in a month. My body is loving it and I'm loving my body! I'd love to make some friends up here that are getting back on track so we can motivate and support each other. Add me if you'd like!

Replies

• wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have 180ish to lose. I know how you feel about the amusement park ride-that happened to me at six flags a few years ago. Sad thing is...I got super motivated to workout and lose weight, but stopped after a few months.

I'm glad you are doing so well after your first month! Keep up the good work!
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!!! You're doing awesome!!! I too have a lot to lose actually (138 more to go). :smile:
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    I have 180ish to lose. I know how you feel about the amusement park ride-that happened to me at six flags a few years ago. Sad thing is...I got super motivated to workout and lose weight, but stopped after a few months.

I'm glad you are doing so well after your first month! Keep up the good work!

It's the worst feeling in the world to take that "walk of shame". I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy. I'm never letting that happen again.

We can do it girl!! Let's push on together! :)
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    Keep up the great work!!!! You're doing awesome!!! I too have a lot to lose actually (138 more to go). :smile:

You're looking great btw!! Love the progress pics. We can do it!!! Thanks for being so awesome :)
  • uglystuff
    uglystuff Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Lois. I am 67 years old. I weighed 298 lbs in 2010 and lost approx 30 lb/year until Nov of 2012. Since then I have started gaining again and am now 233 lb. I am so disgusted and ashamed and feel totally despondent. I have to have two knee replacements and I MUST lose so that it will be easier to recuperate. Please, if you have any motivational comments please contact me. I am only 5 feet tall so all this excess adipose is cumbersome never mind the ugly aspect. Frankly, I'd like to tell myself I'm old, why try, but I know that is not wise.
    I am embarking on a 1000cal/diet and a routine of swimming at 6:00am and at 9:30 every night....as I used to do, daily. I will also try and get back on the stationary bike although it hurts like the ****ens. At my ancient age and sedentary retired status, it is very difficult to lose. Not having any motivtion or support is also a deterrent. Any ideas people??
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options

You're looking great btw!! Love the progress pics. We can do it!!! Thanks for being so awesome :)

Thank you!!! We can do it together :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start and I'd like to cheer you to the finish! I've just added you. : )
  • justamessenger
    Options
    Consider yourself supported! :) and added.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! Just added you.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Lois. I am 67 years old. I weighed 298 lbs in 2010 and lost approx 30 lb/year until Nov of 2012. Since then I have started gaining again and am now 233 lb. I am so disgusted and ashamed and feel totally despondent. I have to have two knee replacements and I MUST lose so that it will be easier to recuperate. Please, if you have any motivational comments please contact me. I am only 5 feet tall so all this excess adipose is cumbersome never mind the ugly aspect. Frankly, I'd like to tell myself I'm old, why try, but I know that is not wise.
    I am embarking on a 1000cal/diet and a routine of swimming at 6:00am and at 9:30 every night....as I used to do, daily. I will also try and get back on the stationary bike although it hurts like the ****ens. At my ancient age and sedentary retired status, it is very difficult to lose. Not having any motivtion or support is also a deterrent. Any ideas people??

A 1000 diet is very tough. I would recommend you see a nutritionist. I met a women on here over 500 days ago who lost 130 pounds, no surgery. She is 57 and had 2 knee replacements. There is no secret. She started at 1600 a day and is now a year later doing 1200. She has lost steadily. She uses a nutritionist. You cant make such drastic changes or you will burn out.
  • jillianlamb
    jillianlamb Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, we have a really similar story! I'm 22 and wanting to lose about 140 pounds, starting out at 284 pounds. I've stopped smoking, stopped drinking, and I haven't been to an amusement park in years because I'm terrified I'll be turned away.
    Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far!! It really is great and I'll definitely be here for support!
    Lots of love
  • momoftwomonsters
    Options
    Lois, The only concern that I have is that you are consuming less than 1200 calories per day which actually tells the body to store fat. And, since you are working out, you need to get at least that 1200/day. Also, if you are older, it is wise to add in some strength training. I know you can't do squats because of yours knees, but maybe some arm work and ab work with standing sitting ups? It sounds like you are very motivated, so keep up the pace and keep your head up!! Good Luck!!
  • bigbabz
    bigbabz Posts: 1
    Options
    You are on the right track - the track that gets you back to being healthier. Our weight loss is a long journey one that seems to never end. I also have about 150 or more pounds to loose, I am 57 years old and 5'2" . I just started back with recording my food and counting calories. 1000 calories is too low. Your body might think it is starving and keep the pounds on. Your minimum daily goal should be 1200 calories.

For natural anti inflammatories try eating more food with anti oxidants like blueberries, fruit, strawberries, raspberries etc..(but not banana). Banana's are too high in sugar content and no fiber.

Keep on with the swimming I find that is great fun and easy on the old bones. If you are up to something more extreme try deep water aqua fit or aqua size programs. Those instructors will put you through your paces and get your heart pumping and burn off the calories.

Just keep moving, eating healthy and keep a positive mind set. Visualize yourself healthy celebrating you.
  • gracebussey
    Options
    Hi All.
    I also have 110 pounds I need to lose.
    I'm 5'4" and 28 years old. I have also cut my drinking out almost entirely... Some days you just need a drink.

Beautfulctb - Your progress is so inspirational!
  • 5willards
    5willards Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love you & am so proud of you, little sis. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    supporting and motivating! sending request
  • writtingonthewalls
    Options
    I love MFP sooooo much! The support on this site is absolutely amazing. You guys freakin rock!