Miracle Noodles

Options
NewMnky1
NewMnky1 Posts: 264
Hey eveyrone
I just ordered some Miracle Noodles, Angel Hair and Fettuccini and I am looking for recipes to make with them. I love garlic and oil pasta, but I heard someone say that didn't work well with these types of noodles? Not sure if that is correct or not. Any suggestions would be great.

Replies

• Nicole65
    Nicole65 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough when I googled to learn more about these, this recipe was on Amazon's site.

Vietnamese Noodle Soup

3 cups organic reduced sodium chicken stock
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tsp minced ginger
    1/4 tsp cardamom
    1- 7oz bag of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Noodles
    1 boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced crosswise into 1/8 slices
    1 cup bean sprouts
    2 scallions, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
    1 tsp chili sauce (optional)
    1/2 lime, cut in half
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    1/3 cup of mushrooms-any variety (optional)
    1 thinly slice chili pepper with seeds removed (optional)

view larger Directions
    1. In a 3 quart saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and cardamom and let simmer for 10 minutes.

2. In a colander rinse noodles with warm water for a couple of minutes, pat dry with a small hand towel or paper towel to remove excess water. Divide noodles into two bowls.

3. Add chicken to stock and let cook for 5 minutes (until completely cooked).

4. Pour soup into bowls over the noodles. Divide bean sprouts between 2 soup bowls then top each serving with half the scallions and chili sauce. Garnish bowls with a slice of lime and pieces of cilantro.

Nutritional Information: Two Servings
    Calories: 180
    Total Fat: 3.6g
    Saturated Fat: 1.0g
    Cholesterol: 73mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 6.2g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
    Protein: 31.1g
  • NewMnky1
    Options
    Ummm, sounds yummy, thanks so much for the suggestion!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the fettucini style. The angel hair is ok. The best I've had is a version with small pieces, almost like baby pasta. Try finding a recipe that allows you to steep it in broth or some other kind of flavoring. Garlic works well.

I wanted so much to like it, but after three or four dishes I'm not a fan of shirataki noodles. The texture is weird.
  • NewMnky1
    Options
    I don't care for the fettucini style. The angel hair is ok. The best I've had is a version with small pieces, almost like baby pasta. Try finding a recipe that allows you to steep it in broth or some other kind of flavoring. Garlic works well.

I wanted so much to like it, but after three or four dishes I'm not a fan of shirataki noodles. The texture is weird.

That makes a little sad. I hope I like them. Maybe with all the calorie savings in the noodles I can add exta sauce LOL!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Hey eveyrone
    I just ordered some Miracle Noodles, Angel Hair and Fettuccini and I am looking for recipes to make with them. I love garlic and oil pasta, but I heard someone say that didn't work well with these types of noodles? Not sure if that is correct or not. Any suggestions would be great.

Not correct--these noodles work quite well with garlic and a little bit of oil! They will absorb the oil and the garlic flavor, pretty much any sauce you cook the noodles in will get absorbed into them. I love the Miracle Noodles. I enjoy pan frying them in just a little bit of sesame oil, add a bunch of onions and garlic and tomatoes, and then tossing this into fresh greens.
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have tried the fettuccini and the angel hair. I couldn't eat either. They were too rubbery. I have not tried the rice yet. Good Luck!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I have tried the fettuccini and the angel hair. I couldn't eat either. They were too rubbery. I have not tried the rice yet. Good Luck!

I find that when I rinse them first in hot water for a couple minutes and then pan fry them, the texture isn't rubbery at all. You should give them a try again!
  • WeakCalves
    WeakCalves Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've tried these, but couldn't pass the weird taste... even after rinsing, they still taste fishy to me. I think spaghetti squash is 1000 times better.
  • allalreadytaken
    Options
    Bump
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the new garlic herb flavor.

I have to say that the texture is a bit of an acquired taste. I find them much easier to eat cut into smaller pieces.
  • darle53
    darle53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have a texture issue with food, but I did with Miracle Noodles. I mixed the Miracle Noodles with Pasta. It kinda masked the texture, and I could eat a lot of food without all the calories. My husband thought the Miracle Noodles were disgusting.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I hope you like them more than I do. :smile: I really wish I could love them, but they're not my favorite at all. :smile:
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really REALLY wanted to like the Shirataki noodles too...but I couldn't get over the smell when I opened the bag, even after I rinsed them for like 5 straight minutes. However, taste wise, they were OK. The texture reminded me slightly of spaghetti squash and they really didn't have much taste at all so I imagine anything would work with it. My husband actually ate them and liked them! Like I said, it was just the smell I couldn't get past.
  • joujouny
    joujouny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the Miracle Noodles on a regular basis and love them.
    They do have a different texture , but I have done alot of experimenting and figured out
    how I like them best.
    Try boiling the noodles for 5-7 that will eliminate the smell right away. (Sometimes I even boil for longer)
    I like to then put in a hot pan for a couple of minutes to take away some
    of the moisture.
    Then I add to my homemade tomato sauce and let simmer, stir fry etc.
    Last night I got Chinese take out with my family. They got the high cal stuff, I got steamed veggies and shrimp
    and added the Miracle noodles to the dish with a little soy sauce an sriracha.
    It was really delicious.

PS I have tried that soup recipe and it takes just like pho from the vietnamese restaurant.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I like cutting zucchini into noodles. That works great with olive oil and garlic.
  • Lady_Slimsalot
    Options
    A friend bought these and they were just awful. Real food is the way to go. :-)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I bought all three types of the Miracle Noodles. Had the fettucini the other day. It was all right. Still figuring out what to do with the other two. Probably won't buy them again. If a little portion control is exercised, regulat pasta can be about the same calorie wise and the price is so much less.