Always go over my sugar

Options
Best ways to avoid going over my goal sugar...seems the yogurt is doing it...any yogurt suggestions? or anything...also new here feel free to add me.

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So do we all! MFPs sugar allowance is ridiculously low. As long as you aren't going over because of eating loads of sweets and chocolate but it is good stuff like fruit and yogurt, you should be fine! I'm always majorly over!
  • Roberta617
    Roberta617 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for that. Glad it isn't just me that thought the sugar was a low amount...
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So do I... and its because I eat a lot of fruit. Which is a good thing! I wouldn't stress about it as long as the sugar is from healthy sources. : )
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic/pre-diabetic/have other medical condition that makes watching your sugar intake super important for health reasons?

If not, then try to get your sugars from fruits and other natural sources (so you get some nutritional bang for the caloric buck) and don't worry about it too much.

As for actual alternatives to a regular high-sugar yogurt? Plain Greek yogurt mixed with vanilla protein powder and blueberries. Delicious and packed with nutrition.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The recomendation for sugar is based on the American Heart Associations recommendation for ADDED sugar. This is due to the obesity epidemic and the fact that a lot of process foods have a ton of added sugar which just adds to the problem. To my knowledge there is no formal or official recommendation for total sugar or natural sugar.

I personally just watch my consumption of added sugar and don't do any high fructose corn syrup whatsoever. Most of my sugar is consumption is derived from natural sources...so long as you aren't just sitting around eating fruit all day long it shouldn't be an issue.
  • liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've cut down on most bad things I used to eat (cakes, chocolate etc). I put in one yoghurt first thing and I'm over my sugar allowance! Its ridiculous. It seems very low lol espeically seeing as though I'm addicted to sugar from my bad eating habits, I'm shaking enough a lot of the time from lack of sugar going OVER the sugar allowance but I think if I stayed under it I'd have some sugar-deprivation seizure or something lol. Maybe I can do it sometime in the future.. but not now :P
  • Roberta617
    Roberta617 Posts: 9
    Options
    The recomendation for sugar is based on the American Heart Associations recommendation for ADDED sugar. This is due to the obesity epidemic and the fact that a lot of process foods have a ton of added sugar which just adds to the problem. To my knowledge there is no formal or official recommendation for total sugar or natural sugar.

I personally just watch my consumption of added sugar and don't do any high fructose corn syrup whatsoever. Most of my sugar is consumption is derived from natural sources...so long as you aren't just sitting around eating fruit all day long it shouldn't be an issue.

Oh so ADDED sugar! I cut that out! No more coffee, just tea, because I always put sugar in my coffee....thanks for the knowledge.