Lunch ideas

Options
I need lunch ideas under 350cal. ......seriously i've been eating sandwiches for a year and a half now......everyday....true

Replies

• Shannon16385
    Options
    I eat a spinach salad with chicken cooked with cilantro-red wine vinegar for my "dressing".

(I add broccoli, edamame, etc)

Or a Spinach wrap with chicken and other veggies.
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I typically eat leftovers from the night before (generally grilled chicken breast or fish with a side veggie.) Then, I add a side of spaghetti squash (baked fresh at the start of the week) with spaghetti sauce that I make once every 2 weeks and freeze in appropriate serving sizes.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like cous cous and salad :)
    You can get ones with different flavours from the supermarket.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I make dinner for my fiancee and I twice a week usually, and I make 2-3x the recipe so we have lunch for the rest of the week and sometimes dinner when I'm feeling lazy. :D
  • LaurieLynn
    LaurieLynn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of coleslaw mix with whatever dressing I want, sometime salsa and some kind of protein on it
  • SlimmerAnne
    Options
    Frozen fruit (pineapple is my fave) with Greek yogurt is my go-to lunch ;)
  • omgitslaura
    Options
    Put frozen chicken breasts in a glass dish, cover with fresh veggies. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, add whatever seasonings you like. Stir slightly to make sure everything gets seasoned. Cover with foil and bake for one hour. DELICIOUS and low in calories as long as you eat a modest portion of the chicken. One small chicken breast is only around 110cals and then eat as many veggies as you want! Very satisfying meal for my husband and I!
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    I made low-cal "pasta" out of veggies!
    Get one of those graters (I think you call them juiline peelers, they peel like ribbons) and peel a veggie of your choice like carrot, zucchini, eggplant etc. add some olive oil and spices to a pan and cook it (or boil) till tender. It's like very low cal pasta!

I like to add some extra veggie, pasta sauce and meat of choice :)
    Or sometimes I use Greek yogurt and mushrooms, garlic and chicken for a healthy creamy "pasta"!

Note: Zuchini (or courgette) tastes the best texture wise too, but is more annoying to peel. Carrot is very easy but stays a little harder.

Or I love big salads! Rocket, spinach, lettuce etc + peppers, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, snow peas, celery, corn etc + a protein like grilled chicken, lamb, beef strips, turkey, ham, boiled egg, + sometimes orange slices, strawberries, raspberries, apple etc + some avocado, a sprinkle of nuts (I like pistachios, almonds or sesame seeds) with a olive oil balsamic/lemon juice dressing! Or I have this mushroom soy sauce that taste great just like that! ESP with toasted sesame seeds!

Just add whatever you've got of veggie, fruit, nuts etc in a bowl and your good!

Something simple I love is putting veggies in a pan and stir frying them in a Asian sauce, tossing with sesame seeds and lemon juice and adding some fresh grilled fish!

Or a nice Mexican bowl! Brown rice, beef strips, kidney beans, Zuchini, tomatoes, carrot, coriander, salsa and avocado! Just make the rice and meat the night before, mix the rest and go :)
  • joekleinert
    joekleinert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My normal lunch daily (mon-Friday) consists of one light string cheese, 1 dannon fit greek black cherry yogurt, handfull of whole almonds, and about 8oz of smoked turkey from the deli. It might sound gross but I put a nice queeze of horsradish spicey mustard and dip it in that. 4 tablespoons of that is only like 25 calories and really kicks it up a notch. You can get a lot of turkey in for 8 to 10 oz and very low calorie!

I've lost 30lbs over last 3 months and I think alot of it has to do with that lunch. Some people will go to deli and get 1/2lb of ham, roast beef, and turkey and mix it up but I find for calories and portion size smoked Turkey is best.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Salad with a can of drained tuna and a dollop of FF Greek yogurt or salad dressing. Or soup - often the whole can is only 200 -250 calories and is very filling. Last night's leftovers are great but I have to hide a portion from DH or it becomes his bedtime snack.