I Need a Plan

Options
Hi, I'm a college student and today was my last day of semester. Yay! This June I have off every single day with literally nothing to do. So, I'm thinking about really putting everything I have into losing weight and getting fit, like an extreme makeover. Does anybody know of any plans that I can look at to really change my body this month? Btw I'm 5"4 and 138 pounds.

Replies

• TashaUCanDoIt
    TashaUCanDoIt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try Insanity! It gives great results in a short amount of time. My sister just did it in about 2 months when she was preparing for prom! Good luck!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Insanity and 30 Day Shred supposedly have great results. Just make sure you spend sufficient effort preparing healthy meals, 80% is in the kitchen! :D Maybe try Couch to 5k trainer if you want to try running! :)
  • tigressdivinity
    Options
    I recommend using the Bodybuilding.com app and going to the gym. For every muscle group they show (core/abs, back and shoulders, arms, legs, chest) pick 4-5 exercises that appear to work different areas of the group. For example, if you choose to do crunches, do not also do the ab machine, etc. These different exercises help isolate muscles and work out each muscle. Then, do your choice of HIIT cardio for about 20 minutes. Try to start with a 1 min high intensity with 3 min low intensity ratio. Gradually build up to a higher ratio.

This has worked for me in a lot of ways. I have lost nearly 12 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks, and I'm on my last 20 lbs to my goal weight (read I was on a plateau from what I used to do, which was just shape aerobics). If I ever want to switch it up, I just look at the different videos for each exercise on the Bodybuilding.com app and pick and choose what I want to replace, let's say dumbbell chest press with converging chest press, and learn how to do it from the video. Simple!

A lot of women shy away from lifting weights because they think they will get muscular and bulky. It's a myth. Lifting weights is the best way to lose weight because you burn for up to 36 hours afterwards. Plus, if you lift everyday, switching up muscle groups, you compound the burn. So if you do legs one day, arms the next, then chest, so on and so forth, you're compounding the burn day-after-day which is WAY better than doing endless cardio everyday and getting no compounding burn.

If you want to know what my schedule looks like when I personally go (it's really easy since I'm only 5 ft. tall and not all that strong), let me know and I can send it to you. It can be a good starting point.

If you can't go to the gym, although Insanity is a great workout, it's HARD. Try Jillian Michaels' 30-day program. I believe you can find them for free online or on youtube. I hear that gets great results and is not as high impact on the joints as Insanity or P90X.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Try New Rules of Lifting For Women if you're looking to change the shape of your body. You can get the e-book from Amazon at a good price.

Or go to your local gym and get a plan from a trainer there.

Or google 'exercise plans' and you should be able to find something.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Lifts some weights; though if your profile pic is recent, I'm really not seeing the problem here.