My Cto5K progress

Options
Right, so hre I am, I finished yesterday my first week of the C25k program. I just thought I would share my experience and hope that others who are starting (or not) the C25k will do the same.

Ok so 1week went .............. well........ rather well (for somon who never run in hr life):
Sunday, 1st session: I thought I was going to die. Could not breath, sweating and panting.....
Tuesday 2nd session: Sooooo much easier. I could have go on for a little bit longer actually
Thursday 3rd session: well harder than Tuesday but easier than Sunday. I was really hungry so perhaps I did not have enough energy.

I actually don't know if I am ready to start the 2nd week program. I might just try the 2nd week program in Sunday see how I am doing. If I find it too hard I might do a second week of 1st week program.

Well I am actually pretty pround of myself. My mum called the other day and I was not home, so she left a message. When I called her back I told her I had been out running that is why I missed her call: she did not want to believe me! :noway: Explained her my program, and she was so happy that I was trying something new.

If you ar thinking of trying to run, or starting the Cto5k, we might be to encourage each others.

HWG :happy:

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Sounds like your enjoying the program. C25K is really great

I completed Week 8 Day 1 last night and tbh if i can get there so can anyone. Don't worry too much about next week just concentrate on each day and pace yourself.

Good luck and well done :happy:
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    hey, congrats on finishing the first week. I'm about to do day two of week one, hoping to find it easier than the first day. I thought I was going to die on the first session, but once i'd finished and had a shower I felt really good and like I wished I'd carried on running for longer. Good luck and let me know how your first week two session goes :)
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi HWG
    Well done on your training :happy: sounds like you are enjoying it.
    What is this C25k? Coach to 5k? :laugh: Just joined a few days ago so a bit out of the lingo.
    I would like to run but i find my knees keep aching after. I walk fast on treadmill and try running for a few minutes, which i love! but then after i suffer with knees :frown: I am not sure if this is just something i have to go through til my knees get stronger or if i am not meant to run. I really love the buzz from running :happy:

Keep up your good work! Do you run anywhere nice?

Louise
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've started on Cto5K. Going to do Week 1, Day 3 later. I'm dreading week 2 also!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I love C25K. That is actually what I used to start running. Give week two a try, even if you are nervous. I bet you would surprise yourself. Did you think six months ago you'd be running at all? You can do it. And you won't know until you try. If it doesn't work out yet, you can always go back and work up again. Great job!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I completely agree with lulabellewoowoo (great name!) - give week 2 a try regardless. I'm on Week 5 right now and my new rule is not to repeat, no matter how sceptical I am that I can do it, and I've been amazed at how much more I can do and how much I hold myself back psychologically. Last night I honestly did NOT think I could do an 8 minute run, but I did both of them!! Mind you my legs are so tired today I couldn't take the stairs at work, but I did it!!

But watch out for week 5 - it changes every day and day three is 20 minutes non-stop. And I didn't even think I'd manage 8 minutes! Yikes!!
  • heyzoos
    heyzoos Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm onto week 5. First of the week is always the hardest! Really enjoying running again. In the past I've tried to do too much too early with running. This program is great for gradually getting you going.
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you for all your messages.
    I agree with you, I am going to go for week 2. If I see it is too hard, I might do another week 1 but I have to try anyway.

loulouBell72 : I am actually quite lucky as I am living in the countryside (edge of a village), so I run surrounded by th beautiful somerset landscapes.

balfonso: Good luck for tonight! You can do it

• shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    I just finished Week 2 D1 the day before yesterday... wasn't horrible, to be honest with you... and I have bad knees historically. It doesn't seem to be bothering them. I'm not going for speed right now, though. So I am jogging SLOWLY... I figure the speed will come as I get in better shape.

Congrats on starting a great program and good luck!!
  • Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Options
    I just though I would update this message for myself: it has been two weeks and............... i have finished week 1 but have not started week 2. Problems at home and work and then once all that solved well the rain arrived.
    I was really motivated today, I had all my sporty gear clean and ready to be put home after work and .............. well it started rainig around 5pm and has not stopped since then. :sad:

I need to DO IT! Whatever the weather I will do day 1 week 2 before the end of since weekend coming. (might be really hard after 2 weeks breaks since week 1 of the program but I know I can do it!)

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Working on form is very important. I used to get horrible shin splints until I watched an episode of Dr. Oz. He was showing how you need to run on the front balls of your feet. Keep your upper body relaxed. My form was so horrible in the beginning. Good luck every one.