4 months and the scale hasnt budged!!!

Options
I have 3 kids. Im 31 yrs old. My last child will be a year next month. I was very healthy and fit before I had him. I have been busting my butt the last 8 months to get back into shape. More so since feb. I have revamped my work out, started counting my calories and watching what I eat. The last time I weighed myself in feb, I had lost weight, but not a pound since! and I work out almost 7 days a week! Strength straining, brisk pace walking with running intervals. I work into a sweat everytime. I have lost 1 inch from my waist but gained an inch on my hips. Someone said I should pump up my protein? Im drinking enough water.. Ugh I just dont know why Im not losing the weight!!! So upset with myself.

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I was on five months without weight loss but I took measurements and photos and could see a huge difference.

This month I increased the amount of cal intake to 2149 per day and not eating back exercise calories. The scale is now on the move downwards/
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Angelacarroll311 has chosen to keep her profile private.

So this guy goes into a mechanics. He says, hey I've been having problems with my car. It hasn't been running right. The mechanic says, oh let's go take a look at it.

Well, my cars not here, says the guy.

Oh, it won't start? asks the mechanic.

No, it starts and runs, I just don't want you to see it. But it hasn't been running right. Can you tell me why?
  • cathrynfay
    cathrynfay Posts: 32
    Options
    Are you tracking every single calorie? Are you measuring your food? It's very difficult to accurately estimate portions without weighing food, and those extra few calories at each meal add up fast. Get a small food scale and measure everything you put into your mouth. A heart rate monitor can help accurately measure how many calories you're burning through exercise. That's also very difficult to estimate and websites tend to overestimate.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Angelacarroll311 has chosen to keep her profile private.

So this guy goes into a mechanics. He says, hey I've been having problems with my car. It hasn't been running right. The mechanic says, oh let's go take a look at it.

Well, my cars not here, says the guy.

Oh, it won't start? asks the mechanic.

No, it starts and runs, I just don't want you to see it. But it hasn't been running right. Can you tell me why?

Not everyone here is MFP saavy!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me. You have to track your food every day. I am sure you are feeling better and healthy. Keep up the good work with the exercise. Good luck!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Your diet will play 90% of your weight loss. Exercise is great for fitness but calories control your fat. Your diary isn't open and you don't say what your calorie intake is so it's hard to advise.