don't care abt ur age, i want motivational buddys!

Options
So here's my story, the short version...I'm 40, just married in 2011, highest weight almost 300, yoyo'd down to 172, got depressed and gained most of it back. I'm currently 230, diabetic, a mom of 1 son, 2 stepsons who are very fit, and my huband is also so fit he has no business being with me lol..I'm going to give tracking a whirl since i've been doing really great, I just need to refine some stuff to give myself an extra push.

I'm 5'6", a paramedic and a student, work-out at the gym 5x/week, really love the idea of bodybuilding type training so I do minimal cardio (14mins/day) and lift weights 5x/week. I love my new understanding of food and excercise, am making progress and will never fad diet again.

I want to be accountable everyday so I'm going to be on this page a lot, and since it's been proven getting fit with a buddy is a key to success, I'm looking for lots of them!!! my husband is a wonderful motivator so it's not like i'm alone, but the more support I have, the better I will do!!

One of my goals is to be a success story in a fitness magazine...so who's in for the group photo of "We met on MFP and did it together"!!! have a great day

Replies

• lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. Just turned 38 mother of 3 teenage boys and been "stuck" losing the same 10-15 pounds for years. Taking control to become healthy, not just skinny. Need all the support I can get
  • ashleyhitsgoal
    ashleyhitsgoal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Let's do it with positive reinforcement and accountability!!!! My fiance is very careful with "encouraging" me, and while I appreciate his loving approach, I need to be surrounded by people willing to give me that extra push when necessary- and I'll certainly do the same!! :)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I started 355, now 331.2 we can do it you can add me
  • lilmomma13104
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! I will be 33 next month and I have currently lost 50 pounds in my weight loss journey. I also am a health coach for Take Shape For Life and I love to provide motivation to others!
  • justamessenger
    Options
    I'm with you guys! I'm absolutely into body building and my goal is to be 15-18% body fat by November of this year. A competition body without doing competitions. And Ernestine Shepherd-esque when I'm older :)
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    added :) always looking for new friends =)
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I'm here alot.. Luv weight lifting
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I log daily (good and bad days) and really sometimes need the support as well!

I'm 27 soon to be engaged (yes I found out ahead of time), no kids, just started my career job about a year ago, and now that I'm at a desk all day long, I slowly was gaining, so I decided to start tracking and I've lost about 10 pounds in 2 months without really trying too hard.

Also OP, I used to be a county EMT, so I know that lifestyle and eating on the go and you don't know when you'll get to eat again if you get medical calls in and such. Been there, done that (8 years worth)

My highest was 167, currently 130.6, goal weight of 120-125.
  • slh3103
    slh3103 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, also I'm 33 and have one son. I log my food in daily, and hit the gym every other day. I've put my mind into it, and have my brother and husband doing this too.
  • cristinadsantos3
    cristinadsantos3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Added! Feel free to add me anyone who needs a little bit more support!! x
  • joiyp
    joiyp Posts: 18
    Options
    I'd be happy to be motivational buddies. I'm at the very beginning of this (again) and am looking for new friends too!
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add everyone!!!
  • CCajina
    CCajina Posts: 11
    Options
    Looking for buddies too! Feel free to add me!

I used this tool to drop 40 pounds last summer.

Unfortunately I yoyo'd back 20 pounds.

Looking to lose about 80 more pounds.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. :smile: I'd love some more friends.
  • GoTimeBaby
    GoTimeBaby Posts: 27
    Options
    I added you, add me as well people. I need all the support I can get ;)
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am on MFP daily. Anyone else that's active here can add me too. We could all use more buddies to support each other. :wink:
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I'm a retired Emergency Care RN.
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request

Anyone feel free to add me if you are daily active for a while, comment and are supportive. SUPPORTIVE! I don't want people who are negative.
  • jhwellness
    jhwellness Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I log on daily and support is critical for success