Weight measurements - HELP

Options
Hi there, I joined yesterday after seeing 2 friends who are looking stunning! Asked what they had done and whoola here i am.

Please could someone help me out getting started? Are the weights for rice/pasta's etc dry or cooked weight?

thank and here's to the all new slimmer me!

Replies

• lonesomejim
    Options
    Sorry I can't answer your questions on weights and measures, but I share your experience with friends losing weight on this program. I have a friend who has lost 50 lbs to date using the program and thus here I am.

GOOD LUCK
  • allstarmommy76
    allstarmommy76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi JustWendy! From my experience, you are supposed to weigh the pasta/rice when it's dry. Normally, once cooked, it's gonna weigh more. You can just read the box, but I believe that is the overall norm.

Good Luck in finding the slimmer you! :-)
  • Spatrowich
    Options
    Hi,
    What do you mean weights? Are you asking how much of each you should eat, or actual scales to weigh them? The amount is up to you and your goals. Like anything, moderation is key and make sure your rice, pasta, breads etc are 100% whole wheat, not just whole wheat, it should say 100%.
    Good luck
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    I weigh my pasta dry. As mentioned above once cooked it will weigh more.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    The pasta weights in the food database are dry measures - weigh it before you cook it.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! To answer your question--it is dry measure per serving. I had a problem with that when I started as well. I was so happy to learn that it was dry measure--it meant that I could actually have more. I remember thinking 1/3 cup of pasta is certainly not much but once you cook it--it is enough for a real meal.

Good Luck!