I need motivation and friends who are in the same boat

Options
I started my weight loss and fitness journey not even two weeks ago. Doing it the right way is difficult as you don't see results right away. Anyone out there remember being in this boat? I would love to hear some motivational and success stories. I am looking for a few friends so we can motivate each other! it's bad enough having just turned 42, but I don't want to be overweightand 42!

Replies

• rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    It's never too late to get yourself healthy....its the one thing you owe yourself! Welcome and good luck in your goals, happy to help if I can.
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and a new mom (almost a year ago) trying to lose baby weight and some other weight that has eased onto my frame over the last 15 years. I just committed to this a couple days ago. Although I was on the exercise wagon a couple months ago, I fell off. Now I'm back on with calorie counting too.
  • efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I lost over 30 pounds doing this; it was a slow weight loss but so worth it. I think it gets easier and easier, and once you figure out low calorie foods are healthy, you become healthier. feel free to friend me :)
  • petrie_erin
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was in the military for six years and am now struggling to get back in shape. I know my health is the biggest reason to keep on track, but working out is the hardest thing for me. There are walking groups in my town, there might be some in yours that can help with your motivation.
  • lauren11549
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lauren11549
    Options
    I did join a gym and have a personal trainer. But I have to tell you, not eating all the crap I use to eat is really hard!
  • lauren11549
    Options
    How long did it take for you to start seeing a difference in your body? Do you work out as well?
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your already getting results!!! Your down 2 LBS!!! i have been doing this for a while but just started mfp for a little added help and have been increasing cardio at the gym :)
  • hunniebadger
    hunniebadger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! Friends always make things easier when they have common goals in mind!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Ooooooohhhhhh....yes... I lost all muscle on my left side...mind you I had 21 inch biceps....they went down to 7 inches just. Before surgery... It's been two years and I still cannot write with my left hand...but slowly my arm is coming back... During all this I gained weight up to around 300 pounds... Got layer off from my job...yeah..I have a new job and have started to lose the weight...how's that??? I will achieve my. Goals..you can do this...
  • FedoraNinja
    FedoraNinja Posts: 45
    Options
    How long did it take for you to start seeing a difference in your body? Do you work out as well?

I started seeing noticeable changes in the definition in my legs after 3 weeks of running and light strength training.

For the junkfood, give it a month. After 4 weeks of eating "cleaner", I've solidly broken several of my worst habits. I no longer yearn for Mountain Dew. I grab a piece of fruit instead of gummy fruit snacks. I no longer crave giant fastfood burritos like Qdoba and Chipotle.

I still sometimes have cravings for junk, but they're generally much lighter. My energy is up. I'm getting stronger.

Persist until you succeed. I'm only a month or so in, but I can tell you it gets easier.
  • 77cole
    77cole Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi. Anyone here on the medifast plan? I'm on my fourth day of the program. I'm really excited this program is really easy to follow. I just joined MFP today for some extra support.