30 Day Juice Fast?

Options
Has anybody ever done a juice fast? It seems pretty cool. I might try it.
Any success stories out there?

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Seems stupid to me.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it and it doesn't appeal me in the least.. You could consider green smoothies, its whole food and it keeps the fiber of the food. There's lot of recipes for them, they can contains all kind of greens, avocado, nuts, some fruits. Just a though for you
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've never done a strictly juice fast, but I have done a liquid fast for religious purposes for three days. But, this also included jello, broth, and pudding. Like Diamond05 said, to make it like smoothies, you could get all your nutrients from veggie, fruit, yogurt and nuts. I've never done one, because I like to eat too much. LOL. I don't like to drink my food.
  • StepOfFaith
    StepOfFaith Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello I'm doing a 60-90 day juice feasting whichever my body prefers!! Add me if you like!:bigsmile:
  • SugarQueen_x
    SugarQueen_x Posts: 117
    Options
    I tried it out today. So far so good. lol
    I'm going to be alternating between smoothies and juices, and I'll be eating one solid-food meal per day.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It's not appealing, I imagine you've juiced before and I have nothing against making a homemade juice daily, it's a good way to get in lots of nutrients, but only drinking juice for 30 days no. It also takes forever to make one cup of juice
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    better be adding some protein powder into it if you only consume juice for the day
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    This is along the lines of this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/997323-idea-health-and-fitness-on-detoxing?hl=IDEA+health#posts-15259450

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Unique8219
    Unique8219 Posts: 7
    Options
    I did one for 9 days and lost 17 lbs, after the first 3 days it was really easy, i wish i would of continued I felt great, I had to stop because I had major events coming up, but plan to do one again :smile:
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    here we go, brace yourselfs.....
  • Courtney_Pool
    Options
    I've done almost 200 days of juice cleansing/fasting -- it's amazing!!
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    Hello I'm doing a 60-90 day juice feasting whichever my body prefers!! Add me if you like!:bigsmile:

what does your juice fast consist of?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I would be too hungry....
    These kinds of threads don't end up well over here....*grabs popcorn and beach chair*
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    I've done almost 200 days of juice cleansing/fasting -- it's amazing!!

hey the link you sent me never worked! you did a juice fast for 200 days straight? did you workout while on it?
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do you workout when you fast like this? I wouldn't see how your body would have the "fuel" it needs if you do. I would never be able to fast like that, but that's just me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever done a juice fast? It seems pretty cool. I might try it.
    Any success stories out there?

You'll get a lot of *****ing about it.

Firstly, it's not a fast.
    Secondly, 30 days is a lot, try three.
    I did 3, enjoyed it greatly, hadn't felt better in a long time and it helped me just generally restart how I was eating. Since then my eating has cleaned up, I have a juice every morning (when I feel like it) and it really contributes to keeping me sharp at work.

So, do a little reading around, and if you decide you want to try it, give it a shot. If not, don't invest money on a nice juicer you won't use.
  • dbmata
    Options
    better be adding some protein powder into it if you only consume juice for the day

Along with olive oil.

That's actually the route I did, and then went on with my life in general, including some good lifting. Hell, I might do another this week, just to twist the nipples off the antis.

Oh man, I could do a twofer, I could do a juice week, and hit the rifle range every day of it. I might even get a medal for pissing off that many antis.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options

Along with olive oil.

That's actually the route I did, and then went on with my life in general, including some good lifting. Hell, I might do another this week, just to twist the nipples off the antis.

Oh man, I could do a twofer, I could do a juice week, and hit the rifle range every day of it. I might even get a medal for pissing off that many antis.

Lets do it!
  • dbmata
    Options
    I just finished my juice material shopping for the week, I have enough for a few days for sure. Hmmmm. Good way to celebrate being off a holiday.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    have you tried the 'hoola treat?' ...it is far more effective if you move your body a lot. Every now and then you gyrate and repeat. Just asking?