Easy take to work lunch ideas?

Options
Dayniie
Dayniie Posts: 55 Member
Im looking for something low cal and high protein for lunches to fill me for the day.
Maybe something involving Tuna! Yum ;)

Replies

• thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt with a baked sweet potato
    Tuna salad with whole wheat bread or pita
    Grilled chicken on a salad
    Quinoa made with cilantro and green onion with a side of chicken or tofu
    Hard boiled eggs, whole wheat bread, side of fruit
    Turkey sandwich with size of cheese on whole wheat bread
    Leftovers from the night before...

List is endless really.

I would suggest packing some snacks and not just relying on one meal. I tend to have a couple snacks with lunch.
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    if you have access no kitchen facility/microwave, you could take egg noodles and a flavoured tuna. cook noodles, mix in tuna, voila...

precook quinoa and make a salad with it, lots of veges and something for protein like tuna again.

Handful of nuts.

Greek yoghurt with banana, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp peanut butter and1 tbsp almond slivers.... not sure how high that is in protein but it tastes great.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Tuna is not recommended more than a few times a month depending on the species due to mercury content :( I limit mine to once a week.
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Currently enjoying a sandwich made with a high fiber "sandwich thin", hummus, turkey, and tomato. I take everything separate, along with a sharp knife for slicing the tomato, and put it together when I'm ready to eat. Yummy and fresh.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I make tuna salad with: 2 small cans tuna, 3 tbs humus, 1 hard-boiled egg and stir all together. Then I make a large mixed green salad (just bagged salad mix) and put the tuna salad on it and stir it in. I eat this with avocado and homemade pickled vegetables.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I make salad every Sunday. 1 or 2 heads of leaf lettuce [green, red, romaine] celery, red bell peppers and whatever else you want with light dressings [Bolthouse dressings are AMAZING.] I put it in a big bowl with a lid or 1-3 gallon size freezer bags so it won't wilt and spoil.

Each day I just fill a big container that I take to work and that's my lunch. Low carb, low sugar, and for protein I add chicken that I've made or some tuna [tuna, a scoop of mayo, hot sauce, pepper, whatever] Keeps me full for hours. If I get bored I buy different veggies to try or make my own dressings, or cook the chicken or mix the tuna differently. Also adding an half of an avocado in lieu of dressing makes for a good fat lunch that is just perfect.

Biggest thing though is exactly what thepetiterunn said: pack snacks! I always eat a banana and some carrots or a granola bar in the morning and an apple or something in the afternoon, that way I don't overeat at lunch and get sluggish, or just run out of energy. Nuts, granola bars, fruit, veggies, yogurt, leftovers, just a little 100-200 calories to keep me going.
  • nycoleyrides
    nycoleyrides Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I make tuna salad with: 2 small cans tuna, 3 tbs humus, 1 hard-boiled egg and stir all together. Then I make a large mixed green salad (just bagged salad mix) and put the tuna salad on it and stir it in. I eat this with avocado and homemade pickled vegetables.

I love this idea. Worth reading this just for this. Thanks!
  • Briannahp
    Briannahp Posts: 14
    Options
    I make salad every Sunday. 1 or 2 heads of leaf lettuce [green, red, romaine] celery, red bell peppers and whatever else you want with light dressings [Bolthouse dressings are AMAZING.] I put it in a big bowl with a lid or 1-3 gallon size freezer bags so it won't wilt and spoil.

Each day I just fill a big container that I take to work and that's my lunch. Low carb, low sugar, and for protein I add chicken that I've made or some tuna [tuna, a scoop of mayo, hot sauce, pepper, whatever] Keeps me full for hours. If I get bored I buy different veggies to try or make my own dressings, or cook the chicken or mix the tuna differently. Also adding an half of an avocado in lieu of dressing makes for a good fat lunch that is just perfect.

Biggest thing though is exactly what thepetiterunn said: pack snacks! I always eat a banana and some carrots or a granola bar in the morning and an apple or something in the afternoon, that way I don't overeat at lunch and get sluggish, or just run out of energy. Nuts, granola bars, fruit, veggies, yogurt, leftovers, just a little 100-200 calories to keep me going.

I love salad. These are great ideas
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug, I know (sorry!) but my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might give you some ideas :)