Lost motivation...

Options
I've gained 10 pounds since the end of March. I've been busy, eating whatever I wanted and not caring, not working out at all, and bam. Put on 10 pounds. My clothes still fit the same, but I have noticed that I don't feel as good as I used to.
I need some encouraging words to get back on track. I've lost my motivation and built up some bad eating and drinking habits these past few months.
I started out at 150 pounds, was at 115 and am now sitting at 125. Still a 25 pound loss, but I'm moving in the wrong direction.
Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Bump
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Without trying to state the obvious and sound like an @ss - go back to what you were doing when you were losing. Tighten up your diet and get back in the gym. If you really want to get to your goals it has to be a permanent lifestyle change unless you want to "diet" the rest of your life and not be able to enjoy food...which sounds like no fun at all.

You can do it, IF you really want it. :flowerforyou:
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Make gradual changes. Not fast changes. Do everything in a manner you can maintain for the rest of your life. So adjust your calories down slowly. Keep a diary until you can do it in your head.
  • Chriztii
    Chriztii Posts: 94
    Options
    The main thing that gets me motivated is looking at myself in the mirror and then thinking about what I will see if I do it properly !
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've gained 10 pounds since the end of March. I've been busy, eating whatever I wanted and not caring, not working out at all, and bam. Put on 10 pounds. My clothes still fit the same, but I have noticed that I don't feel as good as I used to.
    I need some encouraging words to get back on track. I've lost my motivation and built up some bad eating and drinking habits these past few months.
    I started out at 150 pounds, was at 115 and am now sitting at 125. Still a 25 pound loss, but I'm moving in the wrong direction.
    Any help is appreciated.

I was exactly the same. I couldn't be bothered doing anything about it, would eat and eat and eat and just feel sorry for myself. I started having a few breathing problems and walking up stairs became an issue for me, so I just decided I HAD to do something about it. Started a diet routine, and decided to go the gym regardless of whether it was busy or not (i'm not a big fan of crowds, you see!). Since I've started doing that, I've not looked back, lost weight and even though I still have a long way to go, I feel an awful lot better than I did!!!

You can do it, you can get your motivation back, it's just about sticking with it. You sound like you've already lost quite a bit of weight anyway. 115 is better than 125, but yet 125 is better than where you originally started at 150. You will come good! If I can manage to get myself sorted, then blimey, anybody can!!! :-D Good luck!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    This past week has been like this for me. I have done a tad too much drinking and eating a ton of bread and things that doesn't fit into my calories. Its hard to drum up motivation sometimes.

The only thing I find helps is to remind myself that eating (and drinking) like this is what got me to a weight where I was obese! Go look at some motivational pictures in the success thread, use one of the weekend days to go a proper shop/ a quick rough menu plan and get back into healthy eating.
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I found the key to making it stick is to have the habits part of your nature. With me, it was about picking something I wanted to start doing. It not easy, but nothing worth doing is. Try to pick one thing you are going to do everyday for a month, once that gets stuck on you try the next thing and keep going. Hope this helps.
  • lambchoplewis
    lambchoplewis Posts: 797
    Options
    I have had a bad few weeks - gained about 5 lbs and feel sad. I am back on track and will NOT go back to drinking and eating. I can do this. I saw this post and it really helps:

Fake it till you make it. You can't sit around and wait for the motivation. You have to make the choice to start right now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Right now. Eat right and exercise whether you're motivated or not and the motivation will follow.

Start small if you need to. Get in 10 minutes of exercise a day. It's a good bet that once you start you'll end up doing a little more and a little more until you're back in your routine.

Take things day by day. Tell yourself that today you'll make good choices. You may eat an entire cake tomorrow, but today you'll make a healthy choice instead. Rinse and repeat tomorrow and the next day and the next until your brain catches up with you.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You did it before, you can do it again! That's the good news. The bad news is, maybe you need to think about doing things a little differently so that this can be a permanent lifestyle change. Was your diet too restrictive? Was your exercise plan too aggressive, or not enjoyable for you? I'd look at those things so that you can maybe weed out points of failure for the future. You can lose weight and keep it off without going back to the yo-yo. I'm a former yo-yo doing things different this time.