Cholesterol / Diet help needed ?

Options
luvmydog2
luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
:wink: Never had a cholesterol problem before ... but i have one now ...Would appreciate any help From Australia if possible :smile:
I have basic advice ... from Google ...:wink: Have lost 15 kg and 10kg to go ....Cheers !

Replies

• pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi my friend
    My husband was told by his doctor to stop eating his favourite Blue vein cheese , and cut out eating biscuits, he also had to have Porridge or Untoasted Muslie for breakfast, and switch to rice bran spread instead of butter, It did work his Cholesterol is a lot better.
    We have fish quite often too,
    xx :happy:
  • Garywf
    Garywf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, Visit a dietician. My dietician has helped me enormously. It really all comes down to diet but cholesterol problems can be complex (including genetic factors) and really should only be evaluated by professionals.
    About 3 months ago, with the agreement of my GP, I threw away my Lipitor because HDL levels, HDL / LDL ratio & triglycerides were all under control. Only maintenance of a good diet over time will help.
  • luvmydog2
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you ... have been reading as much as i can ... I am not a red meat eater ... just fish chicken ... and pork sometimes . not a lover of cheese either .
    Already on a low salt diet ... so savoury is a no no also ..
    Love my vegetables ... and some fruits ... eat a banana every day .
    Love my Rum and Raisin chocolate ... ( Dark ) ...:laugh:
  • luvmydog2
    Options
    Hello, Visit a dietician. My dietician has helped me enormously. It really all comes down to diet but cholesterol problems can be complex (including genetic factors) and really should only be evaluated by professionals.
    About 3 months ago, with the agreement of my GP, I threw away my Lipitor because HDL levels, HDL / LDL ratio & triglycerides were all under control. Only maintenance of a good diet over time will help.
  • luvmydog2
    Options
    :laugh: Garywf... Sorry can see i am new to this :blushing:

My Dr has me booked in for 6th of June to see a dietician ... but i wa getting a head start :wink:
    Thank you for your help ... much appreciated :wink:
  • leonasmith77
    Options
    I was also told to change my diet when my cholesterol started soaring through the roof. That was a couple of months ago and I have never looked back. I eat more veggies now since I cut back on the carbs. For protein, I choose fish and chicken. I don't eat as much butter as I used to, but when it's called for, I use a cholesterol lowering spread called Flora. I also make it a point to have loads of fiber every morning because it makes me feel fuller longer.