57 year old guy trying to return some youth.

Options
Have been trying WeightWatchers (unsuccessfully) and am finding that the points system does not work for me. I am trying instead, MFP, so in getting away from WW, I could sure use some support friends (45+ages) to help me out.

I enjoy photography, walking, biking and quad roller skating (which I am trying to get back into) as interest and hopefully tools to get rid of about 100 lbs.

Replies

• TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    50 years old. Been at it for almost 5 months now...it works...but its hard work. Feel free to add.
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    MFP does help, just turned 50 so add me if you'd like.
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm just a couple weeks into a similar goal. Actually haven't figured out the friends thing on here yet, but as a tool for logging MFP is great.

I haven't tried WW but have only heard good things about it. What didn't you like?
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Hey Amos, welcome, you've come to the right place! I only joined in March and the people on here are great help fo keep you motivated. Please feel free to add me:)

Lol, edited to put my age (56), but figured you'd see in my profile anyway :))
  • lkh1234
    lkh1234 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hello,,,45 years old here....glad to have more friends .... request sent.
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This should be a great place for you to get motivated by others and to motivate yourself... It only gets better when we help ourselves! Just be honest in your food diary, and set small goals ... :-)
  • lynnandevie
    Options
    Hi....I've just started working from home and snacks are so easy to reach out for so I decided to sign up for mfp and I really like it. I find the evenings quite hard but I won't give up. I've tried Slimming World and that's ok but I didn't like all the clapping, I just wanted more nutritional info.
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Wendy and I am from the UK. I just about qualify for the age ranges as I am 44 1/2, soon to be 45 :smile:

I have only just started my weight lose programme on Monday but I could do with all the friends, motivation and inspriation I can get to help me lose weight.

I have sent you a friends request.

Anyone please feel free to add me, as the more the merrier :smile:
  • Reetzy52
    Reetzy52 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome, Amos - Hope this tool / website / community helps you be successful. I am 60 and the progress is slow, but it has steadily been coming off. Don't have as much to lose, but think this calorie watching and exercising is going to be a life long change. Stay the course!
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If I click on "invite friends" it wants email addresses?
  • harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If I click on "invite friends" it wants email addresses?

I have sent you a friends request :smile:
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 48 so I am pushing 50 and it is harder but I am finding That myfitness it helping and the new friends and support they are giving is awesome:wink Don't give up!! You can do it...:wink: