Could meth do this???

Options
2»

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I don't know the science of it but I do believe so. I have been clean for about 10 years now and have been having issues with my weight and energy levels ever since, but as the years go by I find that I am getting more control and more energy! Don't give up, being clean is worth it.

This has been my experience as well. I don't know if it's documented, but using (meth the drug of choice) permanently jacked my sleep schedule and energy levels. 12 years clean and I still don't have nearly the same daily, long-term energy that normal people have.

You learn to work around it but it is very frustrating.

Congrats on getting clean. It's not easy. You did good there.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    There's a chance that it probably could have messed it your metabolism. Just keep eating well and exercising.

Congratulations on getting clean, I know it's a struggle to get off of drugs, especially something like meth. Fortunately never tried that one.
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ive used and since coming clean 4 years ago I still have these issues:
    it messes up your metabolism so you can never get enough junk food, makes healthy food taste terrible
    makes you tired need lots of energy drinks to be awake even after 12hr of sleep
    get fat really fast
    become really lazy and hate exercising
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Curious. Why do you keep resurrecting this almost 2 year old thread?
    You've done it twice.