Muscle DOES weigh more than fat

Options
13»

Replies

• Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Who cares. I want to see more muscle and less fat on me.

Period.

That is how I feel too.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Did I seriously read all this crap...

And now I am wasting time, pixels, and server space responding to it....

Way to go, guys! :drinker:
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It is about as controversial as saying carrots are orange.

Carrots can be purple too.

purple-carrot.jpg
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    **Disclaimer** No actual horses were harmed in the making of this thread.
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    However, 1 lb of muscle does not weight more than 1 lb of fat.

Well yeah but that statement is a tautology. One pound of anything will always weigh the same as one pound of anything else.

False. If the fat is weighed on the moon or in outer space it will weigh nothing. However, one could say 1 kg of muscle will always have the same mass as 1 kg of fat.

inv7fr.jpg
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    People are really getting nasty on these forums....just because a topic has been on here before doesn't mean every single person has seen it, cut people some slack would ya? sheesh!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    It is about as controversial as saying carrots are orange.

Carrots can be purple too.

purple-carrot.jpg

I tip my hat to you sir. This made me chuckle.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    How come muscle is never bubbly with a great sense of humour :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    How come muscle is never bubbly with a great sense of humour :)

carrottop-gym_zps9e152c25.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    To everyone saying the OP is beating a dead horse and that they don't care. I can see why you would lose interest in this topic if you had seen it come up a lot. I have only seen this topic discussed a couple times so I didn't think it was a big deal. The thing that gets me is that if this topic has become trite to you why would you post at all?

I see posts that I find uninteresting all the time. It could be that it is discussed too often or that it is simply a vacuous topic to begin with or both. The thing is I just don't post in those topics.

I am not saying you have to even stop. This is an internet forum and all posts should be welcome. One reason I find this question interesting is because not only are people posting that this topic is a dead horse but we also have those same people checking up on the conversation and posting more responses. You must be getting something out of it I just don't understand what. Is it an effort to shame others in to discontinuing the conversation?

It's just meant to be fun. The gifs are for entertainment.

Do you only ever say something in conversation that adds something valuable? You never say "I find this topic boring" or "don't you think talking about this is beating the dead horse"?
  • soldier4242
    Options
    To everyone saying the OP is beating a dead horse and that they don't care. I can see why you would lose interest in this topic if you had seen it come up a lot. I have only seen this topic discussed a couple times so I didn't think it was a big deal. The thing that gets me is that if this topic has become trite to you why would you post at all?

I see posts that I find uninteresting all the time. It could be that it is discussed too often or that it is simply a vacuous topic to begin with or both. The thing is I just don't post in those topics.

I am not saying you have to even stop. This is an internet forum and all posts should be welcome. One reason I find this question interesting is because not only are people posting that this topic is a dead horse but we also have those same people checking up on the conversation and posting more responses. You must be getting something out of it I just don't understand what. Is it an effort to shame others in to discontinuing the conversation?

It's just meant to be fun. The gifs are for entertainment.

Do you only ever say something in conversation that adds something valuable? You never say "I find this topic boring" or "don't you think talking about this is beating the dead horse"?

As a rule I try to make my posts progress the conversation in some sort of measurable way. Perhaps I have said something like that but I certainly can't remember doing it off the top of my head. I do enjoy gifs so I guess I am not really bothered by it that much. I just found it a question worth asking.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Lolwut
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    As a rule I try to make my posts progress the conversation in some sort of measurable way. Perhaps I have said something like that but I certainly can't remember doing it off the top of my head. I do enjoy gifs so I guess I am not really bothered by it that much. I just found it a question worth asking.

Sorry, I just have to ask, measurable how? Like with a ruler?
  • soldier4242
    Options

Yes, measurable with a ruler.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Maybe measurable by a pound of fat, but that wouldn't progress the conversation by as much as a pound of muscle
  • soldier4242
    Options

Maybe measurable by a pound of fat, but that wouldn't progress the conversation by as much as a pound of muscle

Nope, measurable with a ruler. I already clarified that in the post above yours.