Is it weird that my thigh and calf are the same size?

Options
I changed my profile pic to show this but is this weird. I measured them and there is only a .75" difference. Maybe its a common thing I just haven't noticed lol

Replies

• rachaelr22
    rachaelr22 Posts: 32
    Options
    We'll yes that's a little uncommon I think. There is a 6 inch difference in mine. Wow your thigh is tiny looking at your pic. Squat!!
  • melissaloveshair
    Options
    It could be a genetic/lifestyle outside of work outs kind of thing.

My fiance (who does not work out) has calves that are either the same size or bigger than his thighs. I always joke that his legs look like Hercules (the Disney cartoon).
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar problem; though its definitely genetic (i have the same legs as my mum!) My thighs are very slim (even though i'm overweight, my thighs are smaller then most people i know who aren't) but my calves seem huge so are essentially about the same size. I don't mind it though, i get a lot of compliments about my legs
  • miroberts23
    miroberts23 Posts: 42
    Options
    I guess I'm happy I'm not the only one lol
  • miroberts23
    Options
    We'll yes that's a little uncommon I think. There is a 6 inch difference in mine. Wow your thigh is tiny looking at your pic. Squat!!
    I do a little but I think most people that don't exercise have a big difference. Just my body type probably
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I think once you gain some muscle you'll notice a clearer difference :)
  • miroberts23
    Options
    I think once you gain some muscle you'll notice a clearer difference :)
    I hope so
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    You will :)

Are you into lifting? I've found this invaluable for gaining strength, and they're big on info for gains on weight/muscle too www.liftbigeatbig.com
  • miroberts23
    Options
    You will :)

Are you into lifting? I've found this invaluable for gaining strength, and they're big on info for gains on weight/muscle too www.liftbigeatbig.com
    thanks I'll check it out
  • rachaelr22
    Options
    I'm curious what your measurements are?
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Body type wise it's uncommon but not weird to have them close to the same size. Just like some folks have big hips or big butts or are long or short waisted. My calves are close to the same size as my thighs. No excess fat on them, I just have naturally big calves.

Based on your avatar, I do think the situation is accentuated by your very thin size. Maybe bulking up a little will help. I know my thigh muscles are bigger than my calf muscles.
  • miroberts23
    Options
    calves are 14.25" and thigh 15". My calves actually look big for my frame
  • rachaelr22
    Options
    omg 15" I don't know what to say lol
  • miroberts23
    Options
    omg 15" I don't know what to say lol
    I know right, that's why my goal is to gain weight. I'm tired of the really skinny look
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say it's not usual, but don't get stuck on "weird". If you build up and gain that weight, you'll probably see a big difference- so long as you're doing the weight gain correctly! I've been on both sides of the weight scales- 95 lbs as an adult and trying to gain without any luck, and now trying to lose weight after babies decided my thyroid didn't need to work right. :P Both sides are equally hard, and I wish you luck! Definitely get in a good lifting program and eat to good health! :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Holy crap man... my calves are 18"!

But seriously, it's not common but most likely genetics. Good news is there's hope. You need to get under a barbell and SQUAT! As you get stronger and push more you will be amazed at how fast your upper legs can grow.

You definitely are gonna wanna bulk up some. Good luck.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Most likely genetic... Or you climb a bazillion steps every day .....LOL

You have the body build of my 19 year , it looks, except the leg proportions, I guess. But he is almost always in jeans. It,s been a few years since I have seen his leg, now that I think about it.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i'd say it's hard to imagine that...but, over half the guys i know just lift upper body,lol. if you're trying to bulk up eat a pound of meat(beef has more creatine than white meats), drink a gallon of milk and a eat pound of rice a day, and do some heavy squatting. you'll bulk up
  • miroberts23
    Options
    I would definitely say it's not usual, but don't get stuck on "weird". If you build up and gain that weight, you'll probably see a big difference- so long as you're doing the weight gain correctly! I've been on both sides of the weight scales- 95 lbs as an adult and trying to gain without any luck, and now trying to lose weight after babies decided my thyroid didn't need to work right. :P Both sides are equally hard, and I wish you luck! Definitely get in a good lifting program and eat to good health! :)
    thank you
  • miroberts23
    Options
    i'd say it's hard to imagine that...but, over half the guys i know just lift upper body,lol. if you're trying to bulk up eat a pound of meat(beef has more creatine than white meats), drink a gallon of milk and a eat pound of rice a day, and do some heavy squatting. you'll bulk up
    great ideas thanks