Herbalife??

Options
Are the loose weight programs really work?
Is it expensive?

Replies

• jsam_rp
    Options
    Are the loose weight programs really work?
    Is it expensive?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    My friend tried herbal life, invested more than she could afford, but it wasnt for her, always remembering to pop her pills and add her powders to her food and beverages. You have to find something that you know you'll stick to, I think many people here are trying au naturel because it is something they can maintain or try to maintain for life. Members correct me if I am wrong....
    Anne
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have known someone who did use it and he did loose weight. However I have always felt a little leary of anything that said it would change your metabolism or had warnings about your heart rate. That is just me. I take a supplement ( not herbalife) that is for the thyroid and it has helped me. But I take it sparingly and have found it to work for me.

I agree with deanna that each person here is looking for something that will work for them long term.

Eve
  • finkkm
    finkkm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My mom did herbalife about 6 years ago and dropped 30 lbs... She wasn't able to afford anything but the pills... but our neighbor sold herbalife, and said that if you substitute slimfast shakes for their shakes it was the exact same thing... so she bought the white & green pills and slimfast and used them together... it's hard to remember pills though, and my mom is a housewife so she didn't have to remember to bring them with her, but she also had the advantage of water readily available whenever... it all depends what lifestyle you have, and if you can remember things like that... but it did work for her.

To add to that... the shakes got old after a while, she had to switch up the flavors. I think back then the pills were about $30 altogether for a month ... it might be more now. I guess that if you really stick to it, you'll be able to lose a lot of weight but then you'll need to do something else to maintain when you stop taking the pills, or continue to take the pills at a lower dose.

http://www.herbalife.com/catalog/catalog.jsp?cid=792835
  • serenity1272
    Options
    I have tried them all, Herbalife, Hoodia, Slim Fast etc, etc, etc.....basically it boils down to this....and trust me this was a crappy truth for me to hear....
    Eat healthy and exercise and take your vitamins....that is it....3-5 small meals a day, and exercise....I think we all know what to do but unfortunately being overweight most of my adult life I want the "quick fix" and that is neither healthy, nor sustainable....it isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change...
    You can do it without the pills....just know that there is a beeeeeyooooootiful thinner person in there that is going to be ecstatic when they come out!!!!

Good luck and may you be truly blessed...
    Julie
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used it when I started losing weight. I didn't like the pills and didn't use them. They gave me a stomach ache. But I used the protein powder and shake mix with skim milk and a half a banana to make a tasty smoothie. I think I used it for about a month. I did lose weight but I think you can do the same with portion control. I used it mostly because it was quick in the morning and I was craving chocolate in a big way. But I got to the point where I didn't crave chocolate so I just started eating shredded wheat and skim milk. I still lost weight. I think I have slowed down on the weight loss because I stopped exercising cardio for awhile. But I will admit that herbalife did play a big part of my starting to loose weight so you just have to go with what works for you.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    First thing right up front I want to say this is just what I have seen and experienced first hand and I reserve the right to be wrong. Everyone is different and has to do what is right for them.

I tried it. That is what I was using when the doctors thought I had a stroke.
    I asked the Nephrologists (that I have been seeing for ump-teen ages and who loves to stick me with needles and take my blood every time I look at him and whom I have to clear everything I take and use) if I could use this stuff to lose the last 5 pounds I wanted to lose. He told me I could for no more then 2 weeks. He said that he would never recommend anyone use that stuff for more then 2 weeks.

We have had members come in thinking that this stuff was their “Magic Bullet”…..and it wasn’t. The weight that they did manage to lose they gained right back and they just gave up totally on losing weight all together.

But this I do know….You need to lose the weight the way you plan to keep it off. If you just drink the shakes and you do lose weight then you go back to eating the same way you always have then you are going to gain the weight back. That is a given.

There may be some people that did lose drinking the shakes and managed to keep the weight off but from what I have seen personally people gain the weight right back.

Two things you need to remember are there is no “Magic Bullet” and you need to lose the weight the way you plan to keep the weight off.

Like I said before this is just what I have seen and experienced first hand and I reserve the right to be wrong. Everyone is different and has to do what is right for them.

As for me…..I will not be buying anymore of it. :flowerforyou:
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all, Herbalife, Hoodia, Slim Fast etc, etc, etc.....basically it boils down to this....and trust me this was a crappy truth for me to hear....
    Eat healthy and exercise and take your vitamins....that is it....3-5 small meals a day, and exercise....I think we all know what to do but unfortunately being overweight most of my adult life I want the "quick fix" and that is neither healthy, nor sustainable....it isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change...
    You can do it without the pills....just know that there is a beeeeeyooooootiful thinner person in there that is going to be ecstatic when they come out!!!!

Good luck and may you be truly blessed...
    Julie
    But this I do know….You need to lose the weight the way you plan to keep it off. If you just drink the shakes and you do lose weight then you go back to eating the same way you always have then you are going to gain the weight back. That is a given.

Loretta_Jo

I don't think gimmicks are the way to go and that is what I think all these things like Herbalife are. It's all (or should be) just common sense. There are whole industries built on what should be common sense. The food guide has not really changed since it's conception. Unless you have some burning desire to part with your money, common sense is all you need to have.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

But this I do know….You need to lose the weight the way you plan to keep it off.

this is the truest thing I've ever read. Preach it, LoJo.

:flowerforyou:
  • melelaine
    melelaine Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't trust any of those supplements, they are not FDA regulated and look what the Ephedra did to professional athletes? I am a personal trainer and I never recommend any of lose weight loss supplements to my clients. If you read they bottle, they all say with a healthy diet and exercise. Well a healthy diet and exercise will help you lose weight, who knows if they pills did anything. It is important not to try and find a quickly and easy way, you just have to put in the work.