can anyone help me please

Options
Hi im a new user to this website and think ive entered the details wrong, today i have completed day 1 level 1 of the Jillian Michael's 30 day shread, i am currently a size 12 but would love to go back down to a size 8, will this work out help me do this?

Thanks

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    any workout that helps with toning/strengthening or cardio will help you loose weight and inches. That combined with a good diet and you will get there before you know it!
  • Alicew1411
    Alicew1411 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for that :) i'll keep doing it, do you know how i edit the info on my home page as its saying im going to do 1min workout a day lol!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You've gotta have your calorie intake in check before anything else.

It's very easy to out-eat a good exercise plan, but you can't out-lazy a good diet.
  • Alicew1411
    Options
    what would my calorie intake be tho? i have no idea on all of this lol
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you don't know, I certainly don't know.

Good thing MFP will tell you.
  • Alicew1411
    Options
    lol so what would a woman's normal calorie intake be
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Also, if you click on the Apps tab in MyFitnessPal online, there are some tools there that can give you some numbers.I'm 5'10" and 235 and I try to stay around 1500 kcals...not including "exercise calories"
  • Alicew1411
    Options
    Thank you i will try that :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    lol so what would a woman's normal calorie intake be

This might help you start. http://www.caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit Enter in "Sedentary" and the calories it will give you are basically if you lay around all day doing nothing. That is your maintence. Then subtract 1000 calories if you plan to lose 2 pounds per week, 750 calories is you plan to lose 1.5 pounds per week and 500 if you plan to lose 1 pound per week. This is your TDEE.

Never try to lose more, its unhealthy. Its also more likely that your weight will stay off if you lose it slowly. Now, this number is BEFORE you exercise.. so when you exercise, you can eat those calories back.

Send me a FR if you need any help! =)
  • fietsvrouw
    fietsvrouw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    what would my calorie intake be tho? i have no idea on all of this lol

Click on the Myfitnesspal logo at the top left and then on the Goals tab. This will let you enter your height and weight, desired weight loss rate (1 lb per week recommended), your activity level etc. Then the software will tell you what your recommended intake would be for your weight loss goal, and will adjust that target caloric intake based on the exercize you do. You just need to enter what you eat and what exercise you do, and it will tell you how many calories left for the day. :)
  • gl4163
    gl4163 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, name is Gail. Nov. 13, 2010 my 86 year old mother had a car accident in which she rolled her car over left and her with demeinta. I was her primary caretaker until she passed away April 18, 2013. During this time, I have gained 40 pounds. I am 66 years old, and I find my metabosim very slow. I started with slow stretching and hoping to keep going.

Right now I am building my food database with what I have eaten. Wish me success!!
  • Alicew1411
    Options
    thank you i have just done it :)
  • Alicew1411
    Options
    sorry to hear that, i wish you all the best in your goals