26lbs down, 70 to go to first GW!

Options
sandy_gee
sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
Disclaimer: No pictures. :glasses:

WOOP! Okay, so I'm just super pumped since my weigh in this morning. I joined MFP on March 27 when a friend introduced me (LOVE YOU), and have been attacking this healthy new lifestyle since then.
As of my weigh in this morning, I'm officially down 26 POUNDS! Going from a sedentary, eat everything lifestyle, to tracking all my food, and adding a minimum of 60 mins of exercise a day has allowed me to get an awesome start.
I've taken measurements as well, and in the first 50 days I lost a total of 12.5 inches (stomach, thighs, butt, waist, neck, arms, bust), and am now waiting until I hit one of the dreaded (and expected) plateaus to measure again.

Only a couple more days until I take my 60 day progress photos, EEEEK.

Just wanted to run in here and post this since I've been spamming up my newsfeed today, and figured I'd move it somewhere else. :glasses:

5'10
SW: 265.8
CW: 239.8
GW: 170
UGW: One fiftyyyyyyyy? fiiiiiiive? sixty? I dunno. Whatever looks right.

Any ads welcome! I love new friends :D:flowerforyou:

Replies

• phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great Work!
  • zdreamer
    zdreamer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!!!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the hard work! Congratulations!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Woot wooot! This girl is on FIYAH!!!! Watch out world - Sandy gee is coming on up!
  • shesfatagainbutnot4long
    Options
    So proud to already have you as a friend!! You inspire me everyday, girl!!! You will do it, hun!!! :bigsmile:
  • NYUbookworm
    NYUbookworm Posts: 42
    Options
    You are doing such a FABULOUS job! You're inspiring ALL of us! Don't even think about the plateau thing. It doesn't have to be a part of your journey. Just keep doing what you're doing and your body will continue to respond. If you do hit a snag, I'm sure it won't last long.
  • segoviaj048
    Options
    Wow, it's so awesome to see someone who's starting weight was nearly the same as mine (I was 264). I am now currently 248 with a lot more to go, but I was really excited to see your post! (I just posted "16 lbs. lost - before and after" here in the success stories group if you want to check out my picture).
    But, congratulations!!

Edit: well, you're a good 6 inches taller than me but, still cool! lol
  • sandy_gee
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! A huge shout-out to all my friends on this site, you are what makes the difference! I feel that not only would I be letting myself down if slacked off, but I'd be letting them down too! The encouragement and motivation, and flat out cheerleading that we all share is what keeps me moving!

:heart:
  • cathrynsay
    cathrynsay Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome progress. I am just about the same so your post caught my eye--26 down and 74 to go! I've been at it a month longer than you 2/27, so kudos on your fast progress! Personally feeling a little stuck, but I'm not exercising enough. You've inspired me to get back on that particular horse and ride! (Also literally, I have horses). Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! A huge shout-out to all my friends on this site, you are what makes the difference! I feel that not only would I be letting myself down if slacked off, but I'd be letting them down too! The encouragement and motivation, and flat out cheerleading that we all share is what keeps me moving!

:heart:

Ditto! It's bcuz of people like YOU that keep that fire going in us all!
  • teammaryterry
    Options
    Wow! hard work pays off. Congrats on your weight loss progress. I cant wait to say im 20 pounds down.
  • teammaryterry
    Options
    :sad:
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So proud of how well you are doing!! You def keep me in check and even put me to shame in the will power dept!

Can't wait til you join me lifting on lunch break!! :tongue:
  • sandy_gee
    Options
    So proud of how well you are doing!! You def keep me in check and even put me to shame in the will power dept!

Can't wait til you join me lifting on lunch break!! :tongue:

Halfway! Another 24 pounds and I get my gym membership reward :D
    Big shoutout to this lady who introduced me to MFP! :flowerforyou: :heart: :love:
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome my friend! Congrats!
  • jazpurita
    jazpurita Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good job keep it up!!!!!
  • moonsforeyes
    moonsforeyes Posts: 228
    Options
    You should be mega proud of yourself! Keep doing what you're doing lovely! Awesome job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!