Female health - Yaz or Yasmin takers please read

Options
kjoy_
kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
for insurance reasons i have to switch from Yaz to Yasmin. has anyone else done this? i am nervous because i've been on Yaz for about 6 years and have never taken another pill. any mood, weight or skin changes? i've actually seen some women say they dropped weight/bloating with this switch, but the forums were pretty old.

also - i am aware of the pending litigation against bayer for these medicines because of blood clots. i have no risk factors for blood clots so i am taking the chance, just in case anyone was going to post links to the news about it.

Replies

• liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was on yasmin for a year. I had no probs with weight on it - infact yasmin is known as a good pill to go and can actually be good for losing weight etc. However, I was made to come off it because of law suits about it giving people blood clots etc, so I came off it because I didn't want the risk. I didn't realise people were still being prescribed it. But overall it was one of the better pills I've been on, everything else I've been on has been so rubbish that I'm now being moved onto a progeston only pill :(
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I've talking to my gyno about it extensively. i am young, don't smoke, don't fly on planes or drive long distances much and am a normal weight so she didn't think it was necessary to come off it because of increased risk of blood clots, as all contraceptives increase risk of blood clots to some degree