Hello from Nampa Idaho :)

Options
My name is Katie. I am a single mother to two girls. I have decided to make a change in myself and start my journey to a healthier me. I have 98lbs to lose. I am planning to start Weight Watchers, for now I am doing it on my own from home and support from a few WW friends/bloggers.

I look forward to meeting you all :)

-katie

Replies

• SandyHern
    SandyHern Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou: It is definitely a great tool, which will help you stay on track!
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Katie! Good luck with your goals! :)
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, good luck too
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! Welcome to MFP. I live in Nampa as well. I am a Turbo Kick Instructor at Nampa Fit Studio. We are a "pay as you go" fitness studio. I know that being a single mom finances maybe tight, but if you ever need an hour to yourself, classes are just $5. You can check us out at www.nampafitstudio.com

Okay now that I'm done pluggin my "job"....I'm so happy that you have chosen a new path in your life. I was a single mom for 3 years and I know its hard to take care of LIFE as well as yourself. You may feel like you are being selfish and shouldn't take the time to exercise because you should spend the time with your kids but believe me it is soooo very important. Exercise will help reduce your stress levels and it will help boost your confidence. As you gain strength in your muscles you will gain strength in your life.

If you have any questions about MFP, working out at home, or just want to complain, vent, cry, scream, or celebrate you can message me. I'd be happy to be your weight loss buddy.

Best of luck to you.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Thank you, ladies! :) I am excited and have been doing well so far!
  • aryaw
    aryaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! I hope your journey is going well...I am in the same area as you and I lots to loose.
  • mrsbudr
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I'm fairly new and have been doing well on the MFP. I love going in to see just how I have done so far and entering my meals and foods I eat is what keeps me on track. It is so fun to see just how many calories I have burned, and what I have left for the day.
    Just keep at it and you will do well. Take everyone's advice and do what you can to make yourself better and stronger. I was a single mom for 10 years, and was pretty skinny in those days, now that I am happily married I have gained nearly 90 pounds in 11 years. I have "dieted" off and on for a while, and now realize that I need to just change my ways. To me DIET is a 4 letter word. We actually are all on a diet, diet means what we eat....so I have to just eat better, portions, foods and exercise to work it off.
    Congrats on joining and keep it up.
    I've lost 9 pounds so far.