cheap, tall straight leg jeans in the US

Options
a_mandolin_
a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
I figure tons of people visit this site, so I might as well ask here. I am in the search for straight leg jeans, tall (36 or longer inseam), not tight and for around $30.

I used to love the clearance racks at Gap and Express, but the stores by me don't have them anymore. I am currently doing Target brand, since they have talls. They fit nice and are in my price range, but only come in boot cut or skinny.

I've checked dept stores, but I can never find a brand that does tall. I've checked other stores in the evil mall, but they are crazy expensive.

I've checked thrift stores, but no luck there. I've been on the hunt since before Christmas and I just can't find anything. I know if I would be willing to spend 2-3 times as much, I could find some, but I can't and won't.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..... Eddie Bauer does Tall jeans and they're having a site wide sale currently.
  • moosecub
    moosecub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Aeropostale. I'm an indie store gal by nature so I hate to sound so... mainstream... but really, us tall girls gotta go where the long pants are. Good luck! (And I'll be interested to see the advice from other posters, too!!)
  • a_mandolin_
    Options
    Thanks :) I just looked online at Old Navy and Aeropostale, but all their jeans are either skinny or boot cut too. I guess those are what all the cool kids are wearing? I've tried, but my calves don't even get into skinnies, and the shape of bootcut just seem to accentuate the thigh. As each year passes, dressing plain and boring gets harder and harder to do! :p

Even on sale, Eddie Bauer is still out of my price range, but thanks for the suggestion.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Levi's 515 at Kohls but they might be around $40
  • moosecub
    moosecub Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Odd... I just bought straight-leg jeans at Old Navy a few months ago. Maybe that was last season? (I can't keep up with trends.) Anyway, good luck!
  • AFMOMX2
    AFMOMX2 Posts: 18
    Options
    Chadwicks has a good selection of talls if you want to mail order.
  • a_mandolin_
    Options
    Odd... I just bought straight-leg jeans at Old Navy a few months ago. Maybe that was last season? (I can't keep up with trends.) Anyway, good luck!

Well that sounds promising. It might be worth it to check the stores, I'm sure online doesn't have everything (and maybe if they are "last season" they could be even cheaper :drinker: )
  • sh0emann
    sh0emann Posts: 46
    Options
    I would check out...

asos.com
    uniqlo.com
    zara.com
    hm.com

They carry a variety of affordable options for men and women, h & m doesn't have an online store at the moment though so you would have to go to a local store if you have one by you.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I BUY All my tall pants at NY and Company