Small weight gain bummer

Options
I've been losing steadily for about a month now, really trying hard to stay within my calories and then this morning I am suddenly up almost 3lbs from last week. I'm working out everyday, so I'm not sure if its water or just a really crazy weigh in.

No matter what it is, its a bummer and I'm trying to not let it get it to me. But, it's disappointing to work so hard and see yourself take 3 steps back without realizing it.

Replies

• chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just had this happen to me yesterday, I was up 3 lbs from the week before, I drank a lot of water that day and when I woke up today I was back to my current weight :) i'm sure it's just temporary, hang in there girl
  • 2old2befat
    2old2befat Posts: 21
    Options
    I hate this too...but its just water weight and will be gone in a few days if you keep at it! I can fluctuate 5 pounds day to day!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you are doing all the right things it is likely to be water retention. Do not let it get you down. Three pounds is a normal fluctuation. I bet if you weigh tomorrow they will be gone. Take some deep breaths and remember that this is a long process and you can't focus on one bad day or one bad weigh in. You've got this. Now breathe.