Just joined weightwatchers

Options
:happy: Hi, I've been on myfitness pal for a while and love it. However, I've just joined weightwatchers, and also tracking my calories on here as well. Anyone else doing this? And how do you like weightwatchers so far? I've on my second week and have lost 4lbs so far.

Replies

• Raylea00
    Raylea00 Posts: 37
    Options
    I was doing that and just quit WW. I had success with the old program, losing 30 pounds. After having my child, I gained it back but for some reason, I can't get with it with this new program. I have lost 9 pounds but that has been since January. My sister on the other hand has done great. She is down 37 pounds. I feel like you just have to find what works for you...I am still looking. Good luck!
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I gave up on weight watchers after 3 months of not losing and went to a dietitian (and suggested this site) and she is helping me with my weight loss journey. There was just something about ww that didn't work with me. My insurance company is paying for the dietitian so why not do it and save 42.95 a month. She has me on 1400 calories and I have to have 70 protein a day. Every time I eat a protein I have to have a fruit!! Going to try this and see what happens. What do I got to lose??? POUNDS!!!
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I personally think Weight Watchers is a crock. They steal your money. I've lost 152 lbs using this website, not having to pay a dime. Not to mention, Weight Watchers Online is Still telling me I am obese and I am 5'10, 185 lbs. I'm really slimming.
  • 7mariposa
    7mariposa Posts: 23
    Options
    Well, sorry it didn't work for you but that's great that your insurance will pay for a dieticiian for you.Good luck
  • 7mariposa
    7mariposa Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks! And to you!
  • Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I joined Weightwatchers at the end of January and after a few weeks decided the "meetings" was not for me...same stuff each week...so I joined the online only and have been doing that .....I've only lost 11 pounds and am not very happy with that ..I have been on the MFP before and I will say that the program looks more encouraging then the point system at weight watchers...Plus it's free which helps!!! I
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    I did weight watchers awhile ago and lost 20 lbs the problem is tracking and keeping count of your points its hard to stick to! I also didn't like paying for meetings all the time and quit! I then regained the weight back. I started eating healthier and don't se them anymore!! I feel great! I'll add you!
  • wanttoloseweight4
    Options
    I joined Weightwatchers at the end of January and after a few weeks decided the "meetings" was not for me...same stuff each week...so I joined the online only and have been doing that .....I've only lost 11 pounds and am not very happy with that ..I have been on the MFP before and I will say that the program looks more encouraging then the point system at weight watchers...Plus it's free which helps!!! I

were you working out on weight watcher? and the fact that the fruits are zero points had people over eating the amount of fruit they should be thats why they never lost just because they said theres no points doesnt mean you can eat 10 apples and not gain they factor it in assuming you will have a normal amount the key is portion control
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW's for awhile, but compared to tracking calories (which WW's tracks protein, fat, carbs, etc), it's not as good, you can't eat as much IMO. I like tracking calories and such better because I feel like my body gets more fuel from it, instead of just getting 31 points a week, plus my extras of course. I think you'll find that you're not reaching your calorie intake by doing WW's, although I'm still (sorta') doing WW's myself. Good luck though :)
  • Viveutvivas
    Options
    I love weight watchers. I was tracking my calories but it kind of got to the point where it was getting slightly obsessive and when I over ate I tended to throw in the towel and have a proper binge thus WW with their weekly pp allowance has meant that I am not having a full on self destructive binge when I over eat in a day because technically I haven't broken my diet (yippee for me).
    In the first week I lost 3lb and have been losing about 1 or two pounds consistently since then.

On a plus note since starting WW I have been getting all of my 5 a day and drinking all of the water that I am meant to be getting and my skin is looking great and I am feeling much better from it.

Good luck with it sweetie x x
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You may find this link useful, if you haven't read it already! :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822197-how-to-track-weight-watchers-points-on-mfp
  • Reach4_Stars
    Options
    This is my second time with WW. In the late 1990's I lost 50 lbs (thereabouts) and became a Lifetime Member. At the time WW was using the Fat & Fiber Plan. That worked for me at the time. I rejoined WW a few weeks ago. I have not been good about tracking. I know I am eating a lot healthier, drinking lots of water and feeling better. For someone with FMS that is saying a lot.
    I like WW and feel that the meetings can be motivating. And, for me, the accountability is part of the strategy to lose successfully.
    Plus, it is good to meet others who may be in the same boat so we can encourage one another. I know we also get a lot of this on MFP. As of last week I started exercising in earnest. Once I get back down to my goal weight, WW will be free due to becoming a LT Member. I have 45 - 50 lbs to go. I am bound and determined to succeed. And... pray, that I can keep it off and (in check) successfully too. WW has been a positive for me. Best wishes with hitting your goal!! It takes a lot of strong will and determination but the rewards are all oh so worth it.