lowest calorie chocolate bar

Options
Wanting to know the healthiest / lowest calorie chocolate bar options please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    cdm_miniatures.jpg
  • Sylwill
    Sylwill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't know those minis existed!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    25 calories :-)
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    not lowest calorie, but Snickers are meant to be good because of their peanut content. they fill you up for longer.

lowest calorie full size chocolate that i know of is cadburys ripple. also one of my favourites, which is handy!
  • duluthian
    duluthian Posts: 69
    Options
    I haven't seen them up here in Duluth - I would deffo buy them, yum!!!!
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Full size, 3 Musketeers is pretty low. Also York Peppermint Patties.
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Go for any dark chocolate - 70%+ cocoa. It less in calories compared to milk chocolates, have something in it (i forgot the word) that stops cravings and boosts your mood. :smile:

My new favorite is Ghiradeli Squares - Dark chocolate with Raspberry and Dark Chocolate with Orange (70 or less calories per square) and it keeps me satisfied for the entire day)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/candy-chocolate.php

Looks like York Peppermint Patty has the least. I am surprised so many of these still have trans fats! Geez.
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Milkyway
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're looking for:

Small Green & Blacks bars are lower cals but there's loads of other 'proper' dark chocolate options.

If you want stuff that you find in the corner shop then Maltesers or Teasers Bars are 187. Crunchie is also about 187.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Not the lowest calorie, but I've had a gorgeous dark chocolate bar with freeze-dried raspberries which is pretty good for anti-oxidants. No idea on the calorie count, though. Not everything is about calories.
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, some of the things ive never heard of, guess your not in the uk, im really needing some chocolate now :sad:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    One of the lowest calorie counts, and therefore a good choice to eat while dieting, is the York Peppermint Patty manufactured by Hershey's. Other candy bars with the total calories under 200 include the 100 Grand bar and Chunky, both produced by Nestle.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    152.jpg

79_1_.jpg
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    are these available in the uk, they look and sound yummy :drinker:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I just buy 74 % and above cocoa solids choc bars and have 2 to 4 squares...or a whole snickers or kit kat chunky (but then my cal allowance for the day is quite high)...you could chop up the whole bars, kit kat chunkies for example have three way splits, etc...so if you feel safe buying the bigger bars, just split them up as you go...

Those little itty bars look SCRUMMY!!!
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    3 Musketeers aren't too bad. 230, I believe. I am not one to limit all sweets, so I indulge on something daily. :)
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Valrhona Milk Chocolate bars have 200 calories, they are sold in Trader Joe's. And they are extremely good.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Milka chocolate bars might be available in the UK as they are made in Europe (I believe they are made in Sweeden). They are not low in calories, but they are separated into 24 squares (6 rows of 4 squares). I like to eat one row each night for my desert. It cures my cravings and is so yummy. I get the chocolate with hazelnuts since nuts have protein and they will help fill you up as well.

Good luck with your search!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Mini milky ways are 69 calories each, Freddos are 80 calories, funsize bags of Magic Stars are 67 calories, mini packs of Cadbury's chocolate buttons are 75 calories each. I think Flake's are the lowest calorie full-size chocolate bar though - they're 170 calories each!