Nike+'ers, are you up for a challenge?

Options
Would those of you with a Nike Sensor like to join a challenge on the Nike website to see who can log the most miles in a month? If there is enough interest I'll create a challenge for us - what do you think??

Replies

• xlizzislegend
    Options
    I'm in!! I need motivation to get the sensor out and use my iTouch...and stop using Run Keeper on my iPhone (ugh, BOO @ APPLE FOR TAKING NIKE+ OUT OF IPHONE 3G. >:[
  • ChrisGCurtis
    Options
    I'm in.:smile:
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Well, I'll go ahead and make one then! Hopefully more people continue to join!

xlizzislegend - WHAT??!?! I'm using my Nano right now, but was going to get an iphone, and get the 3G, instead of the 4 because I heard Nike+ wasn't supported on the new one, but now it's not in the old one either?? That DOES suck!

Okay, be right back with the linky!!
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Okay here it is!
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_CA/plus/#//challenges/detail/2086712138/

It starts tomorrow, and runs for 31 days. Good luck everyone!

And for the record, I'm only on week 3 of C25K - So I will rank near the bottom, I am sure! But I love the motivation!
  • xlizzislegend
    Options
    it's actually supported on the 4! so get the iphone 4! or a 3GS, I think it's supported there as well.

super annoying, believe me.
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    Options
    LOVE IT I'm in -username- "Jenuwine" add me here and there
  • fuselighter
    fuselighter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really need a challenge, so I've joined.
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Yay! We're up to 6 runners now! Keep 'em coming!
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't have the sensor but am thinking of getting one and had a few questions. I can't wear Nike shoes because they are not wide enough and I found that New Balance are the best for me. Could I buy the sensor and somehow tie it to my shoe, or does it sync up with the shoe somehow? Also can you use this to track walks also or just runs.

Dave
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    lizz - oh yay! That makes me happy! I wanted to get the new one, LOL!

Dave - I don't use the Nike shoes either, I have Asics, but you can buy little pouches for 5ish dollars that attach the sensor to your laces! And you can definitely use it for walking also! I'm on Week 3 of C25K so I still do more walking than running!!
  • daved71
    daved71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I saw those pouches at the Nike store yesterday. The salesman was trying to tell me that you could only use them in their shoes. Next time I'm out, I might pick one up and start tracking my runs.
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    You should Dave! I think you will really love it! I find the feedback very motivating!
  • goal30Lori
    Options
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Bumping again! We need more challengers so that hopefully someone can beat nthkl, LOL!
  • mariondot40
    mariondot40 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im going to get my nike+ 2moro and do this challenge.to:)
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    Hi
    Im going to get my nike+ 2moro and do this challenge.to:)

Yay! Sounds great marion!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but have had my Nike + for about 2 months now... LOVE IT! I wear Saucony running shoes and sewed a little pouch for the sensor which attaches securely to the laces of any shoe... I am thinking that i may make a batch of them (they are really simple!), so let me know if you need something like that and we can def. work something out super cheap :) ... I would love to join in on the challenge, though i am starting a bit late in the month :) I actually ran about 3 miles tonight (and walked about 1.5 more). I am slowly getting better at running: walking was my thing, but i love the challenge (and the added calorie burn!). UNFORTUNATELY, my iPod was completely dead so i couldnt log any progress with the Nike+ :sad: ... Going to calibrate it for running at the local track tomorrow. Looking forward to 'meeting' a few MFP'ers :)

Adkwatergal
  • goal30Lori
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but have had my Nike + for about 2 months now... LOVE IT! I wear Saucony running shoes and sewed a little pouch for the sensor which attaches securely to the laces of any shoe... I am thinking that i may make a batch of them (they are really simple!), so let me know if you need something like that and we can def. work something out super cheap :) ... I would love to join in on the challenge, though i am starting a bit late in the month :) I actually ran about 3 miles tonight (and walked about 1.5 more). I am slowly getting better at running: walking was my thing, but i love the challenge (and the added calorie burn!). UNFORTUNATELY, my iPod was completely dead so i couldnt log any progress with the Nike+ :sad: ... Going to calibrate it for running at the local track tomorrow. Looking forward to 'meeting' a few MFP'ers :)

Adkwatergal

Hi Adkwatergal! Please do join the challenge! It's really more of a support and motivation group, anyway! I wish I knew you a month ago- I bought a little pouch for my sensor, since I have Asics shoes. But, I bet you could make a killing on eBay!
  • zoeco33
    zoeco33 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in!