Favorite cold/rainy day food

Options
2»

Replies

• Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So...it's chilly and rainy here today and I'm about to have some Miso soup. yuuuuummmmm!! What's your favorite food to eat on days like this?
    Don't have fresh miso soup, however the little soup next door does have Annie chun's.....I may have to splurge and get some today to go with my salad...although there are still a ton of leftovers from the potluck
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Mums soups!
    That sounds yum!
    Don't have fresh miso soup, however the little soup next door does have Annie chun's.....I may have to splurge and get some today to go with my salad...although there are still a ton of leftovers from the potluck
    I had to resort to some instant Miso Soup which is still good (and only 35 calories!). But I am thinking I am gonna get some from the Japanese Sushi place I love going to because their Miso is soooo good I could eat it every day. Good thing Miso is soo good for you! haha. It's low cal too so no need to save it for splurge days :)
  • XxmeetmydedicationxX
    Options
    I have to agree with pretty much everyone else on here haha.. SOUP AND CHILLI!! :-D

I absolutely love the Amy's minestrone soup and the butternut squash soup... yum! And last week I made my own chilli from scratch for the very first time and it was amazing. It's surprising how much better homemade chilli can taste compared to the canned stuff :3
  • LethelW8
    LethelW8 Posts: 24
    Options
    Udon!!!
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Beef broth with an egg stirred into it
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A huge cup of dark hot chocolate yum..not a meal, but that's the first thing I want on a rainy day.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Any soup or stew. Thick and hearty or brothy and light. I love them all. I was chilly this morning so I grabbed a bag of pork taco soup out of my freezer (any time I make soup, I make a lot and freeze all the extras in bags in my freezer for later) and ate that for lunch.

For a special treat we make panini sandwiches to replicate those we like at restaurants. But it's cheaper and healthier at home. They are toasty and warm for cold days.
  • candacefausset
    Options
    Mums soups!
    That sounds yum!
    I had to resort to some instant Miso Soup which is still good (and only 35 calories!). But I am thinking I am gonna get some from the Japanese Sushi place I love going to because their Miso is soooo good I could eat it every day. Good thing Miso is soo good for you! haha. It's low cal too so no need to save it for splurge days :)

Miso soup is so easy to make at home and you can buy big tubs of miso paste that keep for a really long time and can be frozen so you can make it any time you want. My husband loves miso soup. You should do it so you don't have to run out every time you want a good miso soup.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Chili soup or grilled cheese and tomato soup (if fits in daily plan).
  • nodinswife
    nodinswife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Rainy and cold here too! I make a turkey chili that is pretty darn awesome. Ground turkey, black and kidney beans and corn, onion, jalapenos...

Okay...may have to whip up a batch this weekend!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I really love mac & cheese on a cold and rainy day. However, today I had a turkey wrap for lunch.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    shrimp bisque
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Since I live in Seattle and it is often rainy and chilly--I am a veteran at this kind of eating.
    1. Butternut squash soup with a 1/2 oz of goat cheese (Trader Joes w/honey) stirred in
    2. Tomato soup with basil and a toasted small tortilla
    3. Trader Joes Turkey chilli
    4. Roasted Brussel sprouts and carrots with bacon
    5. Baked egg in an avocado
    6. hot tea, hot tea, hot tea with a splash of milk and 2 stevia drops
    7 Starbucks non fat grande lattes--no flavors, no sugars and Dave's killer bread toasted
  • moonsforeyes
    moonsforeyes Posts: 228
    Options
    Vegetarian chili
    Broccoli and cheddar soup
    Mmmmmm
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Mums soups!
    That sounds yum!

Miso soup is so easy to make at home and you can buy big tubs of miso paste that keep for a really long time and can be frozen so you can make it any time you want. My husband loves miso soup. You should do it so you don't have to run out every time you want a good miso soup.

I have Miso in the fridge, but can't find a good Miso soup recipe. I used Miso as seasoning in some stuff for putting on veggies or meats...yum!! If you have a good recipe, please do share!! :D
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Since I live in Seattle and it is often rainy and chilly--I am a veteran at this kind of eating.
    1. Butternut squash soup with a 1/2 oz of goat cheese (Trader Joes w/honey) stirred in
    2. Tomato soup with basil and a toasted small tortilla
    3. Trader Joes Turkey chilli
    4. Roasted Brussel sprouts and carrots with bacon
    5. Baked egg in an avocado
    6. hot tea, hot tea, hot tea with a splash of milk and 2 stevia drops
    7 Starbucks non fat grande lattes--no flavors, no sugars and Dave's killer bread toasted

mmmmmm a veteran you are! I'm curious about brussel sprouts - what do they taste like? I've never had them O_O...I want to try them but I don't know how to cook em.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Grilled cheese, broccoli cheese soup...you guys all have yummy cold and rainy day foods to go to! om nom nom hahaha
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So...it's chilly and rainy here today and I'm about to have some Miso soup. yuuuuummmmm!! What's your favorite food to eat on days like this?

Spaghetti or a good stew.
  • candacefausset
    Options
    Mums soups!
    That sounds yum!

I have Miso in the fridge, but can't find a good Miso soup recipe. I used Miso as seasoning in some stuff for putting on veggies or meats...yum!! If you have a good recipe, please do share!! :D

This is the recipe I use and typically add shredded carrots and chopped fresh spinach. So yummy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Miso-Soup/Detail.aspx