donut dance

Options
Today, being Friday, a vendor brought us donuts. My co-worker (skinny male) brings the box in and puts one on a plate for me. I guess it sat there for 10 minutes or so, and a co-worker (heavier female) stops at the door to say "hi".... I ask if she wants half of the donut, but no she does not (not a sweet eater)....so I say I really shouldn't have any of it either since I have lost 17 lbs (she has been very supportive all along) so she starts to the "bad donut dance" in my office...whoopin' and singin' about "bad" donuts and what they do to your @ss!!!.....then as I'm laughing at her she starts singing about throwing the donut out and then next thing I know she took it out to the conference room and put it back in the box.......Thank Becca, I needed that!!!!

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Awesome! I wish I would have had someone to perform the "bad cake dance" for me this morning...but...I caved!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    A true friend indeed!!

Just last night, I was talking with a friend whose husband insists they go to a particular donut shop on the first Sunday of every month for "breakfast." I am always saying donut were created by the devil--appropriate since the name of this place is "Voodoo Donuts." One of their concoctions is a maple covered donut with a slice of BACON wrapped around it:noway: (her hubby's favorite). Sadly, he has already had a heart attack, refuses to do much to lose any weight and still insists on smoking....talk about borrowed time.

Congrats on your loss!!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Awesome friend & support you have there!!! Feel blessed cause we don't all have that!!
  • LMarsh6480
    Options
    Kathy,

Thanks for the chuckle. It made my morning. You have a good friend there.

Leigh
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    A true friend indeed!!

Just last night, I was talking with a friend whose husband insists they go to a particular donut shop on the first Sunday of every month for "breakfast." I am always saying donut were created by the devil--appropriate since the name of this place is "Voodoo Donuts." One of their concoctions is a maple covered donut with a slice of BACON wrapped around it:noway: (her hubby's favorite). Sadly, he has already had a heart attack, refuses to do much to lose any weight and still insists on smoking....talk about borrowed time.

Congrats on your loss!!!

Voodoo Donuts? Are you by any chance from Oregon?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,024 Member
    Options
    too funny, and a great friend. thanks for the laugh
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    How funny, I bet she was a riot. I'd love to see the "donut dance" and definitely want those lyrics!
  • lupuslady
    Options
    what a great friend she really took your attention off the donut.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    A true friend indeed!!

Congrats on your loss!!!

Voodoo Donuts? Are you by any chance from Oregon?

SW Wash actually. The friend I mentioned lives in Portland.
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that you responded -- sorry! A few close friends of mine are from there, and they used to tell me all the time about how they'd go to Voodoo. Small world, hm?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!