logging fruits and vegetables

Options
AshJasper
AshJasper Posts: 51 Member
so on weight watchers, almost all fruits and vegetables are 0 points, meaning you can have as many fruits and vegetables as you want.

my question is, on here would it be ok to not log fruits and veggies?

do you guys log them?

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I log everything. There are still calories in fruit!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are still calories in fruit. So gotta log everything in.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I see this as a huge flaw in Weight Watchers. Fruit and vegetables are not free of calories. Indeed an avocado can have around 250 cals and a banana around 100 cals. Just those 2 pieces will take you well over your goal if they're not logged.

OK they're extreme examples calorie wise in the world of fruit and veg but it'd be easy to go well over your calorie goal by eating the recommended 5 to 8 portions of fruit and veg per day and not logging.
  • nikarjc
    nikarjc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone.... log them!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I believe weight watchers does that to encourage people to eat more fruits and veggies.

Fruits and veggies have calories and if you're eating enough of them to put you into a caloric surplus, you will gain weight. They have calories, they should be logged.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Y-E-S !!!
    there are calories in fruits and veggies so of course you gotta log them. Otherwise, what's the point of tracking calories?
  • NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would log them, they could add up fast
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Wait so you are telling me calories makes you gain weight? I thought it was everything that wasnt fruits and vegetables!
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a raw vegan, and a huge portion of my diet is fruits and veggies. I'm living proof that one can gain weight from fruits and veggies. A calorie is a calorie. They add up! Log them!!!