Going go check out a gym tomorrow!

Options
Finally talked hubby into agreeing that I "need" to look into joining a gym! He's been dead set against it so far but had finally concurred that come winter I will have to or spend the whole winter sedentary. But I finally got him convinced, mainly because I'm doing so good on weight loss and bike riding, that I need to join now.

There's a YMCA 3 miles from my house with what I've heard is a great gym--they even have a sauna! (I love saunas!), and give free personal trainer advice for up to 3 times I think.

I want to start strengthening my "core" and work on general strength training as well. I've heard they give a preacher's discount, too, so I'll find out tomorrow!

weightliftvn9.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Finally talked hubby into agreeing that I "need" to look into joining a gym! He's been dead set against it so far but had finally concurred that come winter I will have to or spend the whole winter sedentary. But I finally got him convinced, mainly because I'm doing so good on weight loss and bike riding, that I need to join now.

There's a YMCA 3 miles from my house with what I've heard is a great gym--they even have a sauna! (I love saunas!), and give free personal trainer advice for up to 3 times I think.

I want to start strengthening my "core" and work on general strength training as well. I've heard they give a preacher's discount, too, so I'll find out tomorrow!

weightliftvn9.gif
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good for you lets know how it works out, i think you just insiped me to do it now because i live on an island and its sooooo hot right now so the most i do is a small bike ride and treadmill.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have not used my gym but a couple times a week since summer got here, but once it gets cold or rains it is a nice option to have.
  • DoingThisRight33
    Options
    I LOVE THE YMCA! My whole family joined a couple months ago and I think it is really good to have. I always say i will workout at home and then I never do. I use to HATE working out and now i get this rush when i get to the gym. I workout harder than I ever had before. I hope you get the same feeling of accomplishment that I do when you leave it.
    Good luck!!

p.s. the ymca doesn't really turn people away if you can not afford the whole cost of the memberships. They will go by what you make...which is really great with families. don't know if you needed that information..but with the economy the way it is thought it couldn't hurt!:smile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    p.s. the ymca doesn't really turn people away if you can not afford the whole cost of the memberships. They will go by what you make...which is really great with families. don't know if you needed that information..but with the economy the way it is thought it couldn't hurt!:smile:

Well, our incomes don't match our situation--thanks to those dear old student loans :sick: But I'm going talk to them and see. My church said they might be willing to subsidize my fee, too! :smile:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That's great! I joined a gym in June and I love it. I am not going in July or August, however, because it's 100+ degrees here and they don't have A/C, but will continue to go again once it cools down. Right now I have to wait until after 9 p.m. to go out and do something. :grumble: Or get up at 5 a.m., .... No thanks!

Good luck!!!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    YAY! YOU GO GIRL!!!