Dinner ideas with hamburger

Options
mblaich
mblaich Posts: 18
Hey everyone,
I am needing a recipe for dinner tonight that is low in cals and contains hamburger. Does anyone have a good recipe that you wouldn't mind sharing with me? Thanks a million.
Mandy

Replies

• Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm making taco salad, not real original but yummy. My new favorite recent discovery though is stuffed peppers. I don't have my own recipe, but you can find them everywhere, I've even seen some on here. The mixture usually consists of hamburger, rice, tomato sauce and spices.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I make elbow macaroni (or shells) with mushrooms, and 3 serving of brown gravy. that comes in under 200 cal/serving. so with hamburg it should be much more.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I'm going to have my aunt post hers on here because she makes awesome hamburgers that are low in calories and definitely worth it.....if you are doing actual burgers, dont forget the orowheat buns, thin for 100 calories.
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    bump :)
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I make tacos with corn tortillas. Lower calorie than the usual flour tortillas. You can warm the tortillas in the microwave to get them more pliable. I would love to hear more recipes. I eat a lot of 99% fat free ground turkey and am always interested in hearing new ways to use it!
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    old comfort food from my childhood: hamburger and rice.
    I use 93/7 hamburger (about one pound) , a cup of white rice, 1 can of tomatoes (your choice) - I usually use one that has green pepper and celery in it.
    1/2 an onion chopped, 1/2 bell pepper cut in strips, 1-2 cloves of garlic.
    Saute onions, garlic in some olive oil, add and brown hamburger, add tomatoes, and 1 cup of rice. Add water using the tomato can.
    Top with bell pepper strips, keep on simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice cooks. You may need to add more water as it cooks. Serves 5-6 depending on the portion.
    Salt n pepper to taste and can be topped, when served, with some shredded cheddar and/or ketchup.
    We usually serve this with salad and some warmed corn tortillas with some melted monteray jack.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I make spinach and rice using ground beef. This is a lebanese dish!

Ingredients:

3 blocks of frozen CHOPPED spinach.
    1 Onion, diced
    Tablespoon olive oil
    1 lb ground beef
    2 teaspoon allspice
    Salt to taste
    Olive Oil
    1 bunch cilantro, chopped
    Garlic minced
    White rice, cooked

Directions:

In a pot add oil and sautee onions until clear, add ground beef and cook until meat is no longer pink. Add salt and allspice and mix. Take the defrosted spinach and rinse all the ice out of it then squeeze all the water from it. Place spinach in pot and mix with ground beef. One mixed add water in the pot until it is um, not soupy but there is enough water to boil lol. I eyeball it so I don't know how much to tell you to put. Just make sure there isn't too much water because the spinach will leak water too. You just want enough to see the water boiling through the spinach, does that make sense? Okay, so boil and cover to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes. The spinach will get darker. In a pan, sautee the garlic and chopped cilantro together with olive oil. Add to the spinach after the spinach has cooked for about 30 minutes or so, then cover and cook for another 10 minutes.

Serve with rice and squeeze lemon juice on top.

The lemon juice is the most important part. I makes the dish!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I don't eat beef but for ground turkey we often do chili, tacos, burgers and fries (the healthy homemade version), and one of the easiest and favorites is Mexican Pasta Skillet-here is the link to the recipe!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/healthified/healthified-mexican-pasta-skillet.aspx
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    2 Ideas
    Chili-
    Saute the meat with some onion, garlic and bell pepper. Drain fat(hopefully there isn't much!). Add in a can of diced tomatoes, an 8oz can of tomato sauce, beans (I like black beans and pinto beans but use whatever you like), a small can of green chiles, chili powder and cumin to taste. I would think a 1 cup serving would be around 375 cals but you can enter it in the recipe tool to be sure.

Black bean burgers
    In a food processor mix the beef with a can of black beans, drained, rinsed. Also add in chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, minced onion, and about 1/3 cup of salsa. Pulse until slightly smooth and beans are chunky. Divide into 6 patties and grill on an indoor grill pan or skillet (these fall apart fairly easily so outdoor grilling isn't recommended.) Serve on sandwich thins or any low cal bun you like. Add avocado as a topper. Approx 363 calories each if served with an avocado slice.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    Also cook your hamburger and drain fat and rinse it helps get alot of the fat off to!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Beef and Black Bean Chili

Ingredients:
    • 1 pound 96/4 ground beef
    • 2 yellow onions
    • 2 celery stalks
    • 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded
    • 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded
    • 2 large garlic cloves, minced
    • 2 14-1/2 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
    • 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 3 cups water
    • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
    • 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
    • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
    • 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
    • 1/2 tsp. sea salt

Cook ground beef in a large nonstick over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until browned. Drain off any fat.

Use food processor to chop onions, celery, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Add those and minced garlic to the ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened — about 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, water, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the chili is thickened — about 45 minutes. (8 servings)

Calories: 195
    Carbs: 26 g
    Protein: 19 g
    Fat: 3 g
    Fiber: 7 g
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    loco moco.

hamburger patty over egg beaters over brown rice. touch of low fat Turkey gravy over the top.
  • mblaich
    Options
    Thanks so so much everyone...Its going to be hard to decide what to make tonight..they all look great!
    mandy
  • mblaich
    Options
    I just made the black bean chili and besides a few modifications that I had to make because of lack of ingredients, it was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!