Why is it so hard to stay under sugar allowance on MFP?

Options
DaniAni19
DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
Just wondering, I don't think I eat a high sugar diet, but it's almost impossible to stay under the MFP allowance! I'm avoiding things with refined white sugar, but still am having a hard time. Anyone else have the same experience?

Replies

• ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't even track it. Sugar is a sub-set of carbs. Unless you have a medical reason to track sugar, don't worry about it.

Fruit has natural sugars, which will spike that sugar number. But fruit is good for you, so have some. I just try to pick better quality sugars (ex - fruit and veg instead of refined white sugar)
  • tamjak
    tamjak Posts: 28
    Options
    I noticed that too. I do eat 2-3 servings of fruit a day and it almost always goes over.
    I also notice that I am almost always below my goal for iron, but over for protein.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a medical condition that sugar is a problem. If they are mostly naturally occuring sugars like fruits and dairy then you should be fine. It's the added refined sugars that you should keep low.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The sugar recommendation is based on the American Heart Association's recommendation for ADDED sugar due to people eat so much processed **** that is loaded with the stuff...too many soda's, etc and don't move their *kitten* so they turn into big fat *kitten*. There's is no formal recommendation for total sugar. Eat your fruit and veg..watch you intake of added/refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup and move your *kitten*...you'll be fine.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    The sugar recommendation is based on the American Heart Association's recommendation for ADDED sugar due to people eat so much processed **** that is loaded with the stuff...too many soda's, etc and don't move their *kitten* so they turn into big fat *kitten*. There's is no formal recommendation for total sugar. Eat your fruit and veg..watch you intake of added/refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup and move your *kitten*...you'll be fine.

i miss having a fat *kitten*. it was like a mobile pillow. If I could say I miss anything on my body from being fat. its that
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I don't even track it. Sugar is a sub-set of carbs. Unless you have a medical reason to track sugar, don't worry about it.

yea, that.
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    Just wondering, I don't think I eat a high sugar diet, but it's almost impossible to stay under the MFP allowance! I'm avoiding things with refined white sugar, but still am having a hard time. Anyone else have the same experience?
    i got so tiered of seeing the sugar over all the time i went to settings and changed it to fiber !!!!!!!! their are a couple of possibilities you can change it to ! as long as its not all 'bad' sugar i ignore
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! Haha that's what I was thinking too!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

i miss having a fat *kitten*. it was like a mobile pillow. If I could say I miss anything on my body from being fat. its that

My wife kinda misses my fat *kitten*...I actually never realized I had one until I didn't. I still have some belly fat, but the *kitten* is pretty much grass...
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I took it off of my page and replaced it with calcium since my calcium is always low.

It got me upset when I went over because it was mostly from fruits and veggies, not refined sugar or sugary snacks.

Don't stress it.
  • psych107
    psych107 Posts: 5
    Options
    whoops
  • psych107
    psych107 Posts: 5
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a medical condition that sugar is a problem. If they are mostly naturally occuring sugars like fruits and dairy then you should be fine. It's the added refined sugars that you should keep low.

This.
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Fruit has natural sugars, which will spike that sugar number. But fruit is good for you, so have some. I just try to pick better quality sugars (ex - fruit and veg instead of refined white sugar)

agreeeee:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options

I have one you could use! ;)
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I kept an eye on it for a year of logging here but I was consistently above 100 grams. MFP doesn't take into account what is natural and what is added sugar. Don't worry too much about it unless you're diabetic or something. If your calories and other macros are where they should be you're doing well.