How am I supposed to log my calories for tonight?

Options
My friend and I are going to Raymi in NYC, which is a Peruvian restaurant. I've never had Peruvian.

It is a prix fixe menu and they don't list calories.

I am also so unfamiliar with the food (description is barely helpful) that I don't know what to make of it. It's hard to even log something similar. Any ideas?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For meals like that I usually don't log. You could search the database by the name of the dish and choose one, but there's no way to tell if it's even close, so I just don't see the point.
  • bizzybee72
    bizzybee72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just try to find something that is close. Do the best you can do.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Um....?

On a scale of 1-5000, how good does it taste?

Add that number in for quick calories.... sorry, I'm no help.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    For meals like that I usually don't log. You could search the database by the name of the dish and choose one, but there's no way to tell if it's even close, so I just don't see the point.

I agree. You probably aren't going to be able to be anywhere near accurate. Try to pick items prepared with low calorie techniques (roasting, baking, broiling etc) and leave the logging for another day.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Um....?

On a scale of 1-5000, how good does it taste?

Add that number in for quick calories.... sorry, I'm no help.

LOLOLOLOL :D love that response

I'm going to log the closest things and not stress! I'm probably going to go over my calories, but I've been doing this once a week and have had results so I'm not going to stress. Thanks guys!