Hello...

Options
brcoffin
brcoffin Posts: 2 Member
Just thought I would introduce myself.

I am trying to lose 65 to 70 lbs. I am one of those unfortunate guys that carry all their weight in their gut. I joke with my wife and say I look like a pear with four tooth picks stick out of it. I work a really sedentary job and long hours, with a lot of stress, so I gain weight quickly if I don't resist junk food. As of last week I was currently at my top weight of 238. I have weighed that much before and lost it by eating a diet of mainly fruits and vegetables with no meat, it was something that was hard to do long term because it required so much cooking and prep time. I tried a low carb diet also and ended up gaining weight quickly.

My new approach is to just watch portion size and total calorie count, trying to eat many "healthy" foods but not restricting any one types of food. I hope I can keep this for the rest of my life. myFitnesspall really helps with the calorie and nutrition tracking, I also hope to use the community for support.

Replies

• Shauna776
    Shauna776 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I can sympathize with your plight and am happy to motivate and encourage! :)
  • djwife03
    djwife03 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN ADD ME TOO!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can add me and get you motivated
  • kaylaford355
    Options
    Hi my names Kayla and I like to motivate others...and get that extra push back from them.
    Add me and I will encourage you on your journey...
    =]
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • dk50
    dk50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, am new to the boards ...feel free to add me ..:smile: